6.

S A H A R A

Mornings are always interesting when you have children. For me, my morning consisted of my son jumping on me. " I'm awake." I announce turning to my side.

Giving myself a minute I roll out of the bed. "Come give me a kiss sweetie then go make your bed." I call out to my prince. He bounces off the bed landing next to me.

After peppering kisses on him I head to the bathroom. After doing my business I head out of the bathroom to Liam's room. I find him standing on the bed trying to set the pillows straight.

His bed was horribly made with the bedding longer at a corner than it should be. "Meet downstairs for breakfast when you are done sweetie." I smile moving downstairs to the kitchen.

I turn on the stereo playing some Adele lightly through the house. I make some coffee before pulling out all the ingredients I need for breakfast.

Liam comes down a while later helping me make the waffles. We spend the next 20 minutes making the rest of the food. Before I known it we are both showered and ready for the day.

Thomas drives Liam and I to Liam's school. After bidding Liam a good day we head to see Knox. The warehouse is heavily guarded as normal. I nod to some of the familiar guards.

The exterior is misleading to the beauty of the interior. The marble floor is pristine without any scuffs or staining. I walk through the warehouse to the weapon room. Closing it behind me i head
To the rifles, pulling out the handle i ender the code. The door opens silently like an automated sliding door. Entering the secret door i then close it behind me.

-

The team closed the door behind them making me sigh in my seat. The plans for the charity gala were almost done. A charity gala was held by almost every company worth mentioning. A hotel has already been booked, the caterers picked. The P.R team was ready to send out all of the invitations. This year's theme was old Hollywood. This would be the first time I actually go to my own charity ball. I am finally ready.

Knox knew me better than most people and he thought I was ready. It has been about 7 years of me hiding from this man, this ball will be the first time we are in a room in almost a decade. Looking down the list I find King. The man had stolen my attention; another first it seems. For the first time-in a long time- a man had piqued my interest. I move my eyes away from the guest list to the other details that need my approval. The charity of this year was for a shelter for domestic abuse. The thing about this shelter that had made pick it was the fact that they took in male victims too.

I spend the next hour going through the details. When done I hand them to Linda. I pack up my stuff from my office. With my purse in hand I head to the elevator. Waving bye to the employees on my way as I head out.

The sun blinds me. Opening my blood red snake skin purse, I grab my shades. Thomas opens the car door for me letting me slide in elegantly. "Please take me to this address." I hand him the paper sitting back in my seat.

-

Spoilt. Many people in my youth had called me this. I guess it had something to do with my unwillingness to accept the word no. My dad called it 'fighter spirit' which seemed to me more appropriate.

The truth being I was not taking a no that easily. The fighter spirit in me wouldn't accept it. The New York traffic was lenient with us as we made it to his office in record time. The building was not what I had expected. The red brick exterior made it look historic.

I walk into the building half expecting to see some of the red brick inside. Instead I find wood floors, beautiful wood floors. I don't head to the front desk walking straight into elevator. The secretary is too busy typing away on her computer to notice my infiltration.

The elevator has two other people. I head straight to the back of the elevator. I open my bag removing mirror and lip gloss. "Mr. Kings floor please." I mutter to the male pressing the pad. He smiles doing it for me pressing the highest. Bingo. I put the mirror and lipstick away as I watch the two men leave at the 3rd level. I fix my skirt before moving towards the door. The elevator dings opening up to the 5th level.

The first thing that draws my eyes is huge oak double doors stained dark with intricate carvings with a plate card reading Mr. King, CEO.

I ignore the eyes on me moving to the office the desk where his assistant would sit is empty. I knock finding no answer. I open the door entering the office finding it empty.

This is going to be fun.

**********
Please vote.
Comment.
Follow.
And Share.

BONUS UPDATING OF THIS BOOK TODAY TO CELEBRATE THE READS!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!