11.

S A H A R A

The drive home was filled with a whirlwind of emotions. Some negatives, some positive I think. Thomas made sure to keep me occupied asking about the gala and how it went and so forth. The man was the most loyal being I have ever met.

His spirit animal would definitely be a dog. As weird as it sounds he would be a dog because they are free spirited and loyal. Multi-talented in the regards of being both terrifying and lovable.

“Let me go!” I screamed fighting off the hands on my body. I could feel myself loosing consciousness. The air was not flowing into my body as it should. Black spots slowly  took over my vision.

I found myself tranquil, the cold was making me feel at calm. Floating in the ocean water. A loud screeching woke me up.  A startled cat moved away from my body. I was in a dingy alleyway. The memories rushed through me making me realise how cold I was. He had thrown me out. Threw me out of my family home. The tears came flooding down. I stayed there laying on the cold concrete floor.

It’s funny how my emotions moved from sad to numb. I layed there. Taking deep breaths. At some point I fell asleep to wake up by the same stray cat and its friends sniffing my body.

Cold. that’s all I could feel.

The air around me was crisp, chilling me to the bone. The alley gave np comfort. The dried up tears in my eyes remind me I am not dead. The memory of him and his assistant sucking faces was engraved in my memory on re-run.

I lov-adored him. I put up with his bullshit. I was the perfect wife. My masters degree was framed on our wall doing nothing to please him. I thought I was enough. Not only did he steal from me, he broke me. The numbness in me somehow turned to hate. The revolting man was going to pay. I wiped the remnants of my tears and stood up for the first time since I had woken up in this alleyway.

  I wipe the lone tear that managed to fall down. I take a deep breath and look at the night lights. I start counting to calm my nerves. We get to the house with me at a ridiculous number of 1214. My heart was still pounding as I stepped out of the car.

With my back turned I released a deep breath. “Thank you. Thank you for coming to get me that day. Thank you for always being there.” I blinked away the tears threatening to fall and jogged in my heels away from the car.
-

The comfort of the sheets on my bed did nothing to help me relax. I had seen him. For the first time in almost 7 years I had seen him.

He looked good, Jennifer looked great too, I hadn’t seen her since my last day in my family home. She still looked like her 24-year old self even at the age of 31. I guess being a homewrecker tends to make you not age a few years.

I always thought that when I met him I would feel something for him, after all he is my child’s father. I didn’t feel anything but raw, unfiltered hate for the man who threw his wife of three years out in the streets-quite literally. I almost got raped and ran over because of him. I plan to make that coward of a man cower in the cold seeking comfort in the trash like he did me, that I swear.

My thoughts wonder to my childhood home. A place so dear to me. I thought I would give birth to my first child there. I hadn’t set foot since we separated and I was itching to get my plan in progress so I could get my home back. Speaking of my plan; Jerome.

Jerome king had witnessed my altercation with my deceitful ex, a part of me wanted to cry yet another was ecstatic. The man had agreed to help me. I didn’t need him to take of Jason. I already had Knox, my knight-my knight in shining armour- yet something in me wanted Jerome around. The more the merrier I guess.

The man seemingly had warmed my non-existent heart. It’s too sad I can’t be with him. This ‘date’ idea was oddly intriguing to me though… I wonder what he has planned for the next day.

*****
Please vote.
Comment.
Follow.
And share.

Anybody have swoon worthy date ideas?
QOTF: what is your dream date?
My answer: A cooking/baking/dancing class before we head to a private picnic on the beach watching the sun set OR a concert [ like the opera or something]/ a play – Broadway type thing then dinner.