13.

J E R O M E

It has been a 2 weeks since the accident. Two weeks from the day Sahara was put in a medicated coma. Liam is supposed to be coming back today according to Linda. When the doctor had asked of our relation I said we were engaged. He didn’t ask for proof so it worked out perfectly- I guess being in the same vehicle collision was enough for him. I had moved Sahara to my house in my spare guest room. Only two people had come to visit her: Linda and Thomas, I had to fight with them to let me take Victoria and look after Liam.

Her hair was tangled all around her adorable face, even sick she made it work. The doctor had just left minutes ago. Tucking the blanket around her I moved out of my home to the driveway to wait for Liam. Thomas was bringing him.

Liam came barrelling out of the car leaving his bag behind giving me hug. I guessed no one had told him that his mom had been in an accident. I gave him a warm hug back, Thomas moved to give the bag to my security guard.

-
Being a child is the best. When I had told Liam-the PG version- he moved to the room kissing his mom. “She will wake up don’t worry. In sleeping beauty, the prince kisses the princess and she wakes up- mommy always calls me her little prince.”

I watched in amazement as the little boy peppered kisses on his mom before moving out of the room to watch Disney. Something I never thought I’d have- Disney+ or anything Disney really. The night was weird to say the least. I hadn’t had to take of anyone till a few weeks Ago-Sahara- and she is a grown woman (granted she is unconscious so I doubt it counts) taking care of a child was so bizarre.

The baths instead of showers. The sensitivity to food- can’t be too salty, spicy or sour. The level of energy needed. As exhausting as it is I can’t help but enjoy it. Having someone to listen to my Michael Jackson playlist with. Someone to share meals with, that someone might be a hyper child but I couldn’t help but wish it would last. A selfish thought really.

Liam and I have grown a rhythm. The day would start with a kiss to the princess and cuddles for the mother son duo and exercising for me. I’d then go to work while he went to school. Afterwards we would regroup doing something fun. We would then sing along to MJ while cooking.  At dinner we would tell each other our day’s findings.

I was hardly breathing as I waited in anticipation. Sahara was officially off the medication inducing her coma. She could wake up at any time now. The doctor had kicked my hovering self out as I was disturbing his process and ‘backseat driving’ whatever that is.

The notification on my phone from Thomas alerted me of his arrival with Liam. I moved to my front door ignoring my need to watch over Sahara. As I opened the door Liam came rushing in. He knew today was the day mommy might be coming back. I let him run to her as I got his school bag from Thomas. “Have a good day Thomas.”

I moved to the room where I found Liam peeking through the door.

“Why are-”

“Do you know what month it is?” The doctor asked with the light thing pointed at her eyes. The curtains were now drawn blocking the harsh sunlight.

“We need to give them time Liam.” I moved him to the washroom as he pouted.

We got back as the doctor was coming out. Liam moved through him heading straight for his mom. I stayed behind to hear what the doctor had to say. Though he didn’t have to say anything as Sahara spoke before him.

“Who are you?” Liam ignored the comment and continue to hug her. Eventually she hugged him back. “I missed you so much mommy.” He cried into her should.

To my side the doctor finally spoke. “She has amnesia.”

*****
Can i begg you to Please please pleaseee
Please vote.
Comment.
Follow.
And Share.
Please.

RANT AHEAD:

Went to the mall to my hair lady( i do braids) and as i was walking this dude had the bloody audacity to reach out and touch my shoulder behind my moms back. Like firstly your double- triple my age secondly ever heard of consent thirdly CORONA VIRUS! And in the moment u dont say anything and u like ice up. I hate the male gender cause Wow!

Rant over