25

S A H A R A

Jerome had left yesterday back to the states, the impromptu trip was to address some issues that had arisen in one of our companies. I had expected him to be gone for at least a week. Imagine my surprise when he was back in the house the next morning, his first words being “You need to come back Sahara, something is going on.”

After a warm cup of coffee, we had discussed all the issues waiting for me back home.  In twenty-four hours we had everything planned. A safe house in Barbados was waiting for Liam, Thomas would accompany him. The private jet was waiting to take both Jerome and myself  to the states. From the airport we boarded one of Jerome’s helicopter. The flying contraption would take us to a secured penthouse.

The nerves I thought would clamber around me were gone. I wanted to fix it all. Fix all issues now, in this one trip. Air out my closet of secrets and pain. Jerome’s hand was tightly holding onto mine. Even in his sleep he still provided her some comfort.  

“I love you so much Mr King.” I smiled to myself laying a kiss on his lips, leaving a slight imprint of my red lipstick.  I leaned down to peck him all over his face leaving lipstick marks.

I couldn’t help the giggles that left my mouth. It caused him to stir as he slowly woke up. I removed my hand from his and handed him a bottle of spring water.

He looked at me oddly before taking the bottle. “I know you’re up to something Sahara.’’

It was hard for me to take him seriously, I shook my head and took out my phone to distract myself. I got engrossed in a newspaper article  about the next elections.

Before I knew it, it was time for us to get off the helicopter. The helipad was the first thing I saw, as my eyes looked further I could spot four people standing, awaiting our arrival. Jerome placed his hand back in mine.

The pilot helped us off the helicopter. He started offloading the few bags we brought with us. Jerome lead us to the four people. “Sahara this is agent Kruvo Melva from the FBI and his associates.”

The tall man with dreadlocks outreached his hand. “Lovely to meet you.” I smiled shaking his hand. He gestured to the three people behind him. “This is Charlie.”

“Mona.”

“Vincent.”

He gestured to all of them. I put my hand in theirs to give them a handshake. We walked into the building, not before they gave Jerome a look. "Seems like you had a good flight." Kruvo laughed.

-

“Miss West I will be giving you your run down for tomorrow. I have all the gadgets you will need in this case.” He handed me a case before moving back to his seat. He moved his glasses back securely on his face. “As you are most likely aware by now you can’t tell anyone of our suspicions.” Kruvo spoke taking an attentive drink from his bottle.

“Jerome has already informed me. The person laundering money from my business could be anyone.”

The room steered into a quiet place. I opened the briefcase, the pop of it alerted everyone making them look at me. With everyone’s eyes on me I examined the contents of the briefcase.

The first thing that drew my attention was a jewellery box of sorts that had earrings and a watch. “The earrings are a tracker, we will know your location at all times, they also serve as a spy camera, all that you can see we can see. The watch is a listening device.”

I studied the seemingly normal earrings. Next I pulled out a laptop. “This is a military grade piece of technology, no one will able to access it, if someone tries we get the IP address.”

The next item was a gun. Brian didn’t say anything. I placed it down next to the other items.

“Dinner anyone?”  Jerome asked breaking off the tense air. 

***

Please vote. Comment And share.

I'm posting this at 04:55pm and my zoom meeting stars at 05:00pm. Wish me luck.