16.

S A H A R A

The sun danced off their skin as they cuddled. Sometime in the night Liam had crawled into bed with Jerome and I . I wonder if I loved him. I wonder if he loves me. My son clearly does, I can’t remember who Liam’s real father is but I know where ever he is he would appreciate how this adores him.

I move to the bed placing a kiss on both their checks. As I move from the bed Jerome steers. “Where are you going?” he questions accompanied by a yawn.

“I am going to my company. I know you want to keep me all to yourself but I have to move forward with my life. I am not waiting for my memory to come back.” I put on my boot hills and grab, my purse moving to the door.

“Have a good day then Miss. President take one bodyguard with you.” He moves Liam’s foot off his stomach covering himself in blankets. “You guys have an hour to get up and get ready for school and work.”

I moved through the silent house admiring it, every day I would discover something new about this place.

I look at myself in the mirror admiring my whole black outfit before exiting the house.

“Good morning ma'am. I am the new guard. My name is Charlie.” Charlie opens the door to the limbo.

“Welcome to the team. Please take me to this address.” I smiled handing him the paper before getting into the car.

The ride to the restaurant was filled with me reading some news articles. We arrived to Indian restaurant in record time considering it was down town.

Traffic at half past seven in the morning wasn’t so bad. “Please wait for me here. I am meeting someone. If I need you I will call you. Thanks Charlie.” I voice fixing my blazer.

The restaurant was misleading from the outside. The intoxicating smell punched you in the face as you entered. From its exterior you would think the space would be small and dark. The space was open with two levels. The colours gave it a happy atmosphere. “Sorry ma’am the restaurant is not open.”

“I am here to see Knox.”

The man in the intricate uniform looks at me in fear. “Apologies ma’am, the boss is this way. I can take you to him he is in his office.”

“No. I would like to wait down here. Please go tell him to meet me here.” The man gulps nodding. I watch him move up the stairs. Soon he moves away from my sight. The smell of the place reminds me that I have not had anything to eat.
In silence I watch the workers set up the restaurant. They move like well-oiled machine putting the chairs

“Why did you want to meet here? My office is more private.” The tattooed man moves into the seat next to me.

“I don’t trust you. What do you have to tell me? who are you?” instead of looking at me the man looks at the man from before. “Josiah get Miss West our breakfast special.” He blatantly ignores what I had said.

I watch as the worker leaves. Once he is out of earshot I turn to the statue of a man. “Who the fuck are you? What business do we have?” I spit out.

“My name is Knox. I am you friend, I helped you through your drama with your ex-husband and gave you money to start your new company. I am your son’s god father. We have a lot to talk about Sahara. I have waited for you to get better but we have issues.”

The man as scary as he looked didn’t look unreliable. “What issues? What drama?"

“Your accident was planned Sahara evid-.” The waiter from before come back with a plate of food. Knox waits till he leaves again before speaking. The next three hours are spent with the tall dark haired man speaking. Some truths bring tears to my eyes. He doesn’t stop to acknowledge the tears.

“Someone else is trying to buy the company. I still can’t figure out who, Jerome seemed to also try to get the company but somebody else is talking with Jason.”

As he says the name Jason a fear I didn’t know crawls up my spine. We speak some more before he moves out of his seat. He kisses my forehead, “Be safe. The meeting is for this weekend, bring him if you think he is trustworthy.”

I stare at my cold plate of Kanda Poha. He lied. Jerome lied. Thomas lied. Linda lied. Why did they not tell me that Jerome and I weren’t together. How am I supposed to ruin this ex-husband of mine when I don’t even know how he looks? Why would he try to kill me?

I need to talk to Linda. 
*****
Please vote.
Comment.
Follow and Share.

We are almost at 800 views!! Howww?! Thank u so so much. Its honestly unbelievable.

Knox is my MCM any day. I missed Sahara's pov.