18.

S A H A R A

I closed the office door behind me bag and sunglasses in hand. I put the shades gently on my face closing my bag. I admire the sterile walls of the building. The design aspect was definitely cold, even the temperature itself is colder than it should be.

My phone rings as I wait for the elevator.

"Hello."

“Sahara come home quickly. We have a huge problem.”

“Jerome? What the hell happened? Is it my son? Tell me.”

Rustling from the background made my heart beat faster. “Jerome, what the hell?”

“Sahara I am sorry. I have to go. Get here quickly it is about Liam.”

My heart was pounding. What the hell could have happened? I pressed the elevator button repeatedly. I could feel eyes on my back, I don’t care if I look crazy. I rang Jerome once more with the call going to voice mail.

My feet moved to the staircase almost involuntary. My bosy was moving on its own. I took two per steps down. Something didn’t feel right. I know it has do with Liam being hurt.

I ran through the lobby of my company. The hills and skinny jeans were not helping. My body guard ran towards me. “Charlie we need to get home quickly.”

He saw the urgency on my face and moved in pace with me to the car. His face alert, hand on his gun. The drive was with filled with low muffles of Charlie on the phone. I guessed he was talking with Jerome’s security team.

The gates to the house were waiting for us we sped in. Charlie didn’t even put the car in park and I was already out opening the door. I

“Jerome.”

“Jerome.” I pleaded. The house was surprisingly empty and quiet. My legs ran to Liam’s room. The room was empty void of any sign of him. As tears fell down my eyes I could lowly hear talking. It was coming from Jerome’s room.

I released a worried breath running over to the room. I barged into the room to find my son in the bed unconscious with a doctor and Jerome. “Why is there a doctor? Is he unconscious? What happened to my baby?” I was slowing getting hysterical with tears falling down my face.

Jerome moved to my side hugging me. He pulled me out of the room as the doctor continued to work with Liam.

“I am sorry Sahara. Someone took Liam, after school. As he exited the school they seemed to say something to him. Thomas luckily saw him getting into a car nearby and followed him. The people saw they were being followed, they stopped at a stop light and threw him out of the car. The doctor said he passed out from the fear. His injuries aren’t serious and should heal in two weeks.”

“My poor baby… It was him wasn’t it? He found out Liam was his. He tried to kill me now he wants to kill my son. His own baby.”

“Sahara. Sahara what are you doing? Come back.”

My feet pulled me back to the front room where I had dropped my purse. I dialled Knox’s number.

“He tried to kidnap my son. They hurt my boy Knox. I need your help.”

*****
Please vote.
comment.
Follow & Share.

Happy Valentines day. My day consists of preparing for the first day of school tomorrow. Yay.