Chapter 11 (Christmas)

I know it's late-
About a month and a half late
But I said I would do it so I'm doing it
Sorry for the delay but I hope you enjoy.

Three walked back and forth up and down the aisle, thinking hard.
"Let's see, I got a big plush squid for Eight, A new Splash o Matic for Four, a few band T shirts for Five, some new headphones for Marina, The new Mario game for Callie and one of those romance novels for Marie."

He stared hard at the store shelves.
"That just leaves Pearl. Not only do I have no idea what to get her, but she's the richest person I know."

He sighed, knowing he would be here for a while.
"Some CD's? No. A new mic? Nah."

He half-heartedly help up a can of beans and a Box of Mac and Cheese.
"She'd probably get the meme, but this is in no way a proper Christmas present."

He sighed, and set down the items, walking away to go checkout, figuring he would find something somewhere else for pearl.

A second later he walked back and took the beans and Mac and cheese for himself.

______________________________________

As he walked to his car, he pulled out his phone and called Marina.

"Three? What's up?"

"Hey, could you help me? I really need it." He asked.

"O-Oh! Sure! What do you need?" She responded.

"What in the hell do I get pearl for christmas-" He said, sounding defeated and tired.

"Ah, I see what's happening now. Finding a proper present for pearl is quite difficult, isn't it?"
She said.

"True that. I've been looking for hours." He told her.

"Well, believe it or not she doesn't like expensive things." Marina explained.

"Wait really?" Three said, putting the call on speaker and driving out of the parking lot.
"She's the richest person I know, I thought she would be all for expensive things."

"Well, she buys so many expensive things herself that it just seems like another thing to her." Marina told him.

"I guess that makes sense." Three responded.
"Well, if you don't mind, could you help me look? I am totally lost."

"S-Sure! When were you thinking?"
She asked, the excitement clear in her voice.

"Well, I just got in the car, and if you are good to go soon I can be at your place in about 15 minutes." He said.

"Alright! That's cool with me." She responded.

"Aight, see ya then." He stated.

"Bye!" She exclaimed.

The call ended, and Marina went to go get dressed.

______________________________________

Marie was reading one of her cheesy romance novels. She knew it was cliche, but she liked it anyway.

"Marie, I'm hungry! When will lunch be done?" A voice called from you the stairs.

"I'm not making any." Marie simply replied, not taking her eyes off her book.

"WHAT?!" The voice called back.
Frantic footsteps sounded from upstairs.

"Callie, you're a big girl. You can make your own lunch." Marie said.