Chapter 41| Crawl

Four chapters left :'(

-

Bianca's POV

"It doesn't help," I say monotously. My eyes were closed as I leaned back on the sofa in the lounge.

I heard Jasmine put down the glass of wine in defeat. "You sure?" She asks but I don't reply. "It helped me when I was dealing with heart break," she says.

I let out a sigh and glance at her. "When have you ever dealt with heartbreak?" I ask her. Jasmine has never been a relationship person, except from now because I've noticed she's been getting real comfy with Michael.

"I don't know..." she trails off as the realisation hits. "Well it still helps to calm down. I'm not asking you to get drunk."

"Remember when you told me you cheated on Michael back when you two where teenagers," I point out as I moved my gaze to the ceiling. I had completely ignored her last statement, she noticed but chose to let that topic slide.

"Yeah," she replied.

"With who?" I ask.

It takes a few seconds for her to reply. "I don't know, I was drunk," she says. "I think it was Blake tho."

My eyes widen at her words. "Blake?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Now that I think about it, you two did have a thing before," I say. I recalled catching them making out years back in that cabin I was hidden in a few weeks before the war.

"Oh. It was nothing really," she says casually and I hear her pour herself another glass of wine after finishing mine. "Just a fling. Left as quickly as it came."

"Does Blake um... Have anyone?" I ask curiously. Now that I think about it, I've never heard him talk about his love life or even seen him with anyone.

"Looking for a replacement already? Damn-"

"Ugh shut up Jasmine!" I yell with red cheeks. "I was literally just asking-"

Jasmine cuts me off with her laugh, "I was just kidding!"

I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

"I don't know about him. He's a very private person," she tells me and I nod understandingly while staying silent. Asher would know, but it's not like I'd ask him, it's also Blake's business not mine.

I haven't seen Asher since yesterday at the bowling alley. I don't even think I want to see him anyway. The pain is still fresh and I know that I've never felt like more of a fool for the decisions I made. The thought of ending our relationship seemed easy, but now that's it's a reality it feels terrible.

I still have feelings for him and I feel so guilty for ruining what we had. I wish I could fix it but I don't know if that's possible.

Right now my thoughts are all over the place and I'm torn between apologizing and trying to make things right or just leaving it the way it is so we can all move on - that's if we all do.

Jasmine told me Asher left for work early this morning and it didn't take a second thought to understand it was so he could avoid me.

"It's Christmas tommorow," Tobi's sings as he struts into the room with wrapped boxes in his hands.

"How the hell did you get in?" Jasmine asks. "We're the only ones at home!"

"You left the door open," Tobi casually says as he drops the gifts on the coffee table.

"Wow! This is so cool!" Jasmine says as she walks to the presents, "do I have one?"

"There's one for everyone," Tobi says with a proud smile on his face.