Chapter 40|Monkeys

Leave a vote if you enjoy and follow for more💛

-

Bianca's POV

Jasmine and I talked alot about leaving the gang yesterday after my nightmare.

Most of Hades' partners are dead anyway and my sister who is the only one left is still doomed to a wheelchair till the Lord knows when.

I still get shivers thinking about the dream I had. Getting chased by the dead in a dream definitely isn't something anyone should label as normal.

I felt goosebumps rise on my skin just at the thought of it and I swallowed.

I sat outside the mansion, on the stairs of the large front porch with my arms ringed around my bent knees. The wind was cold but there was still no snow, just sun. I felt very comfortable in my plain black hoodie and black leggings, paired with my white sneakers. My short hair was still wet from the shower and I didn't have any makeup on.

I actually feel quite okay today and I know it's because I'm going out of this mansion. Michael suggested we all go to some fancy bowling alley to ease up the tension in the house. Asher even rented the place so it wouldn't be crowded since Christmas is close by.

The mansion has become a very dark place to live in. The air feels suffocating for me and I almost feel unworthy to be alive everytime I step into it. It carries so many bad memories that it hurts to live here.

So much has happened in this house. It feels like letting go of it would be as relieving as taking off alot of weight from your shoulders. I don't mean to sound weird but maybe my nightmares are even tied up to this place somehow.

It's hard to believe eleven of us used to live here and only six of us are left with Leo, Hazel, Emilia, Caleb, and Clara gone.

Six is still a lot of people but the house has become so quiet it seems like everyone's scared to make a sound now. I've noticed we all try to be out of the house as much as possible and I'm pretty sure Shawn and Michael have moved out at this point.

I heard the front door behind me open with the sound of voices and footsteps follow right after.

Looking back I noticed Jasmine and Michael walk out together, then Tobi and Shawn, who seemed engaged in a funny conversation because they were both laughing their butts off.

Blake later walked passed me with a wink and down the steps. I watched him disappear behind the large fountain about ten feet away from here.

Jasmine and Michael stayed on the porch with me but they seemed to be in a deep conversation so they barely looked my way. Shawn and Tobi where talking by the fountain.

"Hey," a large hand lands on my shoulder make me jump slightly. "Relax, it's just me," Asher says as he sits beside me on the stairs. I don't say anything and look back towards the fountain where Shawn and Tobi seemed to be taking a video or something.

"You look nice," Asher suddenly says while giving me a light shoulder bump.

I don't move my eyes from Shawn and Tobi when I reply. "Thanks," I say. "You too," I add as an attempt to reduce the award tension.

Asher laughs shortly, "you've barely looked at me," he says as I hear him change his position.

I run my hands through my damp hair which I silently regret leaving wet because of the weather and kiss my teeth. "I don't have to. You dress nicely," I tell him genuinely. Asher has really nice fashion sense, probably because he can afford the best of the best clothing with his deep pockets.