Chapter 37|Rope

So this book will definitely be longer than broken, maybe by 5 chapters.

Bianca's POV

After the talk I had with Clara yesterday I decided to come out of my room today.

Everything was normal -as normal as it could be actually- everyone moved on to their usual tasks which all evolved around Hades.

I sipped my coffee hungrily till it was all gone and turned to Jasmine who sat at the opposite side of the island.

Jasmine was scrolling through her screen with an expressionless face. We were both in the kitchen, the guys were out and Clara was nowhere to be found.

"What's the time?" I ask her.

She looks up at me and back at her phone for a second before replying, "11:44am."

Jasmine looked back down at her phone as we both regain the silence that once was. It wasn't even noon and it feels like it's been many hours since I woke up. The day is definitely going slowly and quietly.

People had begun to put out Christmas decorations in some stores which I found very amusing since it's barely December yet.

An idea then came to mind, "should we go shopping? You know, for decorations and gifts and stuff," I ask her.

Jasmine looks up at me in surprise, "I thought you hated the holidays?" she asks.

I shrug, "it wouldn't hurt. We should go with Clara, to cheer her up."

Clara didn't look very happy this morning. She looked very deep in her thoughts all through breakfast and barely spoke to anyone, all she did was nod when called.

It was very concerning to witness because Clara is usually a conversation person. I even noticed she had bags under her eyes signifying the lack of sleep.

I hope she's okay.

"Yeah, she did seem pretty sad this morning," Jasmine says, keeping her phone on the table. "I tried asking her but she shut me out."

A small wave of guilt met with me as my last conversation with Clara came to mind. Could it be because I brought up what happened? I knew I shouldn't have said anything...

"Does she get like this often?" I ask while resting my elbows on the island.

Jasmine rolls her eyes, "I hadn't seen her in five years until a few months ago Bianca, how am I supposed to be sure?"

I give her a glare, "shut up," I spat and Jasmine laughs.

"You've been so easy to rile up these days, you okay?"

I broke eye contact with her and looked down at my fingernails. "I believe we were talking about Clara," I say.

Jasmine gives me a look of suspicioun but let's it rest. "Well we should talk to her. She's probably still trying to move on from Caleb's..."

I dont reply immediately because I know for a fact this has nothing to do with Caleb, she told me herself.

I didn't know if I should tell her about what we talked about yesterday because I wasn't sure she knows about it.

Maybe I should...

"Clara and I talked yesterday," I start.

"About?"

"Linda," I say and Jasmine's face formed into a small frown.

"Oh. What did she say?"

"The reason they didn't get along," I noticed Jasmine tense at my words. "She seemed so affected by the..."