Chapter 12|Blame

Bianca/Victoria P.O.V

The man led me out of the building and towards a small coffee shop at the other side of the road.

I didn't trust this man, not one bit, but I trust Jasmine and if she says it's safe to follow him that's what I'll do.

He opened the door and gestured for me to walk in. I told him a small thanks and walked past.

The air smelt of black coffee and pastrie, I liked it. The place had cute round tables with some being occupied by customers.

"They are in the table at the back, near the bathroom," the man said, drawing my attention.

"Who?" I ask narrowing my eyes in suspicion.

He sighed, "just follow me," he said. I rolled my eyes at his attitude.

"How rude," I mumbled as I walked behind him.

We stopped at a table with two young women.

One of them stood up once she saw me, letting me have a better view of her face and after I did I was almost completely lost for words.

"Clara?" I let out in surprise and she gives me a small smile. It's been so long...

"Bianca..." She trails softly, "how have you been?"

I was too shocked to even speak, I felt tears water my eyes, "I-I don't know what to say, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here for a mission, to protect you," she says which rises my curiousity.

Not even for a visit? Damn.

I glance at the other lady who was looking at me already, "who are you?"

She smiles softly and stands. She stood taller than me with a few inches and had tan skin with brown caramel eyes.

She opened her mouth to speak but closed it as if lost for words, I noticed tears fill her eyes before she opened her mouth to speak but closed it again.

This only caused me to raise an eyebrow as I waited patiently. People were already giving us curious looks since we are practically the only people standing.

"We should sit," the man suggested from beside me and we all agreed silently.

"So, do you mind telling me who you are now?" I asked seriously.

I turned to Clara and she just watched the both of us with an expression I couldn't understand on her face. She gave me a smile and a curt nod. I looked back at the lady.

"I'm an agent just like Clara here, we've come to give you a message."

"Who are you?" I ask again, paying no attention to what she said before.  The lady sighed, after giving me a watery smile, she replied.

"

My name is Rhea Rodriguez and you are in great danger."