Chapter 4: Sanctuary

The Razer Crest flies through space, Mando sitting in the driver's seat and (y/n) in the passenger seat, when the Child starts to push buttons. "Stop touching things." Mando said to him, firmly. (Y/n) looks down at the little one and shakes her head at him. The Child looks at the two, innocently, and provocatively moves to push another button, which causes the ship to jerk and shake.

(Y/n) grabs the kid and pushes the buttons and the ship goes back to normal. She places the Child on her lap as Mando shakes his head then goes to look back at the dashboard.

"Let's see..." he said and he pulls up a hologram of a planet on the dashboard. "Sorgan. Looks like there is no star port, no industrial centers, no population density. A real backwater skug hole." Mando said then he turns to (y/n) and the Child. "Which means it's perfect for us." He said then he looks at the Child.

"Ready to lay low and stretch your legs for a couple of months, you little womp rat?" he asked and the Child just looks up at him with his big eyes and tilts his head a bit. "You think we'll be safe here?" (Y/n) asked, nodding towards the Sorgan hologram. "Nobody's gonna find us here." Mando assures and he steers the ship towards the planet.

Finally, Mando lands the Razer Crest in a wooded area then he powers it down. Then he turns to the Child and (y/n). "Now, I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna look around. It shouldn't take too long. I want you to stay here with him." Mando said to her and she nods. "I'll find us some lodging, then I'll come back for you." Mando said then he begins to walk off.

(Y/n) stands up and places the Child on the chair then moves over to the driver's seat. "You stay right here. You stay. Don't move. You understand?" She tells the Child, firmly. The Child looks up, blinks and tilts his head at her. "Great." She said and she turned her head away for one second.

She looks back over to the seat, only to see that the Child was gone. "What the hell?" She said and she gets up and runs out of the cockpit. 

Mando goes over to the back door and opens the ramp. Once it was opened, he looked down to see the Child standing right next to him. "Haar'chak." (y/n) growls as she comes up to Mando, who sighs. "I'm sorry. I just turned my head away for one second and he was gone." (Y/n) said and Mando looks down for a moment then sighs again.

"Oh, what the hell...Come on." He said and the two hunters leave the ship, the Child following them through the woods.

Eventually, they enter a common house where people were looking and pointing at them as the Child looks around. One woman, who looked like a warrior type, seemed particularly interested in their arrival. Then a tooka-cat lets out a little roar, which startled the Child.

(Y/n) looks down at him as he looks up at her with a startled and scared look. "Don't worry. You're alright." She said as they go sit at a table.

"Welcome travellers. Can I interest you in anything?" the proprietor asked after she comes up to their table. "Bone broth, for the little one." Mando said. "Oh, well, you're in luck. I just took down a grinjer, so there's plenty. Can I interest you and the lady in a porringer of broth as well?" The proprietor asked. The two hunters shake their head as Mando said. "Just the one."

"Very well--" the proprietor said but then (y/n) speaks up. "That one over there, when did she arrive?" she asked as she nods towards the warrior woman. The proprietor looks over before she speaks. "Uh...I've seen her here for the last week or so." she replied.

"What's her business here?" Mando asked her. "Business? Oh well...there's not much business in Sorgan so I can't say..." the proprietor said before Mando tosses some coin on the table. She looks down at it and starts to take the coin. "She doesn't strike me as a log runner...well...thank you, sir. I will get that broth to you as soon as possible, and I will throw in a flagon of spotchka, just for good measure. I'll be right back with that." She said and she leaves just as Mando and (y/n) noticed that the warrior woman was gone.