Chapter 13: The Jedi

After dropping out of hyperspace, the Razor Crest approaches the planet Corvus. "Corvus, this is the place." Din said. "I've detected a beacon." (Y/n) informs him. "Ok. I'm gonna start the landing cycle." Din said then he turns to the Child, who was sitting on (y/n)'s lap. "You better get back in your seat." He tells him and the Child looks around then stares at the lever knob.

"Hey, what did I tell you? Back in your seat." Din said and the Child looks up at him then coos as (y/n) turns around in her seat and places him in the other seat. She turns back around and the Child looks between the two hunters before looking back at the knob.

He stares at it, coos then he raises his hand and started to use the Force to get the knob. (Y/n) felt some sort've power and she looks over, sees the knob turning before it comes off and floats to the Child. She smiles at this and lets it slide as Din steers the Razor Crest towards the planet.

The Razor Crest enters the atmosphere of Corvus then lands in this forest that looked like it got destroyed. The hangar comes open and Din and (y/n) walk out while the Child walks on the hangar then sits down as he looks at the knob. The hunters turn around and Din notices what the Child was holding.

"What did I say about that?" Din said as he leans down and takes the knob out of the Child's hand. "This needs to stay in the ship." He tells the Child as the youngling whines. "Din, he's just a kid." (Y/n) defends. "He needs to understand that this is not a toy." Din said as he holds up the knob then pockets it.

(Y/n) sighs then turns to the Child and mouths a I'm sorry to him. "Not much to see out here." Din said as he looks around the forest. "Never had dealing with a Jedi before." He said as the Child stands up and goes over to (y/n) and holds his arms out to her.

She kneels down, picks him and starts to carry him. "Neither have I. Let's head into town. See if we can pick up a lead." (Y/n) said and the two hunters began walking while the Child starts to clutch the crystal around her neck.

Later, they come up to a large structural wall and see some guards on top of the wall. One of them, that wasn't wearing a mask, speaks up. "State your business." He orders. "Been tracking for a few days. Looking for a layover." Din tells him. "Nice armor. You two are hunters, then?" The man, Lang, said while the Child, who was hiding in Din's bag, peaking out and looking worried. "That's right." Din said.

"Guild?" Lang asked the hunters. "Last we checked." (Y/n) said and one of the masked guards turns to Lang and begins to speak to him in their own language. "Open the gate." Lang said and the gate begins to open. The two hunters walk inside and the gate closes behind them.

As they enter and walk in more of the guarded community, (y/n) noticed that there didn't seem that much people walking out on the street. Then they come up to an old female vendor. "Pardon me, vendor, have you heard of anyone..." Din started to ask but the woman turns and walks away. Din sighs at this while (y/n) mutters. "Rude."

The two look around and noticed, down an alley, there was a man kneeling down to two kids, helping them. "You there. We need some information." Din said and the kids and the man look up at them. "We're looking for someone." Din said.

The man turns to the kids and whispers something to then before he turns back to the hunters while the kids run off. "Please, do not speak to them, or to any of us." The villager said. "Look, we just need to know..." (y/n) said but then a modulated voice speaks behind the hunters while the villager looks at them in fear.

"The Magistrate wants to see you two." The voice said and the hunters turn around to see that it was the guards. Din and (y/n) share a look before they go with the guards.