Chapter 19: In The Name of Honor

Fennec and Boba make it over to the cantina after hearing about a bomb going off. They go inside and see the destruction and massacre inside. "We are at war." Boba mutters as he looks around the place. "It was inevitable." Fennec said.

"Even if we win, there might not be anything left of this city." Boba said as he and Fennec walk deeper into the destroyed bar. Then they hear footsteps behind them. Fennec turns around and sees Din and (y/n) walking in. "That was fast." Fennec noted as she looks over at them. "Were you two able to hire any foot soldiers?" 

"I think so." Din replied as they walk in and Boba's hired gang come in as well. "Cobb Vanth is raising a garrison for us." Din said. "What price did you two negotiate?" Fennec asked him. "Free." Din said. "Free?" Boba asked, surprised. "He's been holding off the spice trade single-handedly. We told him we could shut it down." (Y/n) explained. "That's not free." Fennec points out.

"That's most of Jabba the Hutt's business" she said to Boba. "That's what the town wants." Din said and Boba thinks for a moment then nods. "I agree to their terms." He said. "There's a lot of credits to be made from that orange powder." Fennec said. "In the long run, it is better for us as well. Mos Espa can become a prosperous city under our protection. Spice is killing our people." Boba said then he turns to the two hunters. "Let Marshal Vanth and the people of Mos Pelgo..."

"Freetown is its name now." (Y/n) corrected him. "Let the people of Freetown know they have my word." Boba said. "You can tell Cobb Vanth himself when he arrives with reinforcements." Din said and Boba takes a step closer to him. "You are confident he will come?" He asked.

"I am." Din replied.

"So am I." (Y/n) said.

"Well, if he does not, we are doomed. Our skill is no match for the Syndicate numbers. We must buy time until they arrive. We'll lockdown at the palace." Boba said. "It's a bad idea." One of the modders, Skad, said to him and Boba turns to him. "Is that so?" He asked. "It is." said Skad.

"And where do you propose we wait for reinforcements?" Boba asked him. "Here." Skad suggested, which made Boba stop and stare at him. "Here? In these ruins?" Boba asked, confused, and Skad nods. "Nonsense." Boba dismissed. "The palace offers greater protection." 

"If you want to abandon Mos Espa and hide in your fortress, go ahead. We're staying." Drash said. "The people who live here need our protection." She said and Boba looks between them, both of them standing their ground. Then he turns to Fennec, Din and (y/n) and they give him a look that said you're call.

"We'll stay." He said after he turns to them.

"As we wait for the reinforcements to arrive with Cobb Vanth from Freetown, our forces are quietly patrolling the streets of the old city. The Pyke Syndicate has not yet arrived in numbers, but the minute they do, we will see them before they see us." Fennec explains to Boba, Din and (y/n) the next day as they sit around in the ruins of the cantina.

"The truce you negotiated with the other families of Mos Espa will ensure that they will remain neutral and allow us to gain the upper hand by surprising the arriving soldiers." She explains. "The Gamorrean guards are posted in the Klatooinian territory at the starport and will alert us if any of the Pyke Syndicate forces arrive. Krrsantan is in Trandoshan territory, keeping tabs on the streets of the municipality in front of City Hall. Drash and Skad are with the other Mods keeping an eye on the Worker's District and the Aqualish Quarter." Fennec said, explaining the plan to them.

"As you can see, all our flanks are covered. Nobody is sneaking up on us. When the people of Freetown arrive, we will have the forces required to pivot our strength to whatever region the Pykes choose to attack from." She explained. "For now?" Boba asked. "We wait." Fennec said.