Chapter 16: The Rescue

The Slave I begins shooting at a ship, a ship that held Dr Pershing. The two pilots that were with him tried their best to maneuver and lose the Slave I but Fett stayed on their tail.

"What's going on? Who are they?" Pershing asked the pilots, panicked. "I suggest you shut your mouth, this isn't your laboratory." The pilot said, firmly, as he tried to get away. But Fett aims his ion cannon and fires at them, shutting their ship down.

"They hit us with an ion cannon. Avionics are down. Comms are down!" The co-pilot said as he tries to flip every switch and push every button he could but nothing. 

"Lower your shields, disengage all transponders, prepare for boarding." Fett ordered through his comms. "They're pirates. Shouldn't we fight?" Pershing asked the pilots. "I don't have a death wish, do you?" The first pilot asked him and the Slave I approaches them then begins to board.

Pershing and the pilots hear a loud thud then a second later the doors open and in walks in Din and (y/n), both of then aiming their blasters at the three men as they hold their hands up.

"Before you make a mistake, this is Dr. Pershing." The first pilot tells them. "We've met." Din said and (y/n) turns to Pershing. "Is the kid alive?" She asked him. "Yes. He's on the cruiser." Pershing said then the first pilot grabs him and aims a gun at the doctor's head.

At that moment, Cara comes in. "Stay back, Dropper." The first pilot sneered at her. She aims her blaster at him then the second pilot speaks up. "Easy, pal. Okay? I'm not with him. We can work something out." He said when the first pilot aims his blaster at him and shoots him, making Pershing gasp.

"Drop your weapon." Cara orders him as he aims his gun back at Pershing. "No. No, you listen to me. This is a top-tier target of the New Republic. This is a clone engineer. And if they find out that he's dead because of you, you're gonna wish you never left Alderaan." The pilot said and Cara glares at him while Pershing shakes with fear.

"I saw the tear." The pilot laughs as he gestures to Cara's face. "You wanna know what else I saw? I saw your planet destroyed." He said and Cara clenched her teeth. "I was on the Death Star." The pilot said. "Which one?" Cara asked, sarcastically, and the pilot laughs, mockingly.

"You think you're funny? Do you know how many millions were killed on those bases?" He asked her and Cara starts to shake with anger. "Drop your blaster." She orders. "As the galaxy cheered?" The pilot said, egging her on. "Last chance." Cara warns.

"Destroying your planet was a small price to pay to rid the galaxy of terrorism." The pilot spat and Cara shoots him square in the face. The pilot's dead body drops to the floor and Pershing began to scream and hold the side of his head while Cara walks away.

The Slave I enters another planet and lands at a nearby cantina. Fett, Din and (y/n) exit the ship and enter the cantina. The patrons looked a bit scared and taken aback to see two Mandalorians inside.

The trio looked around and see Bo-Katan and Koska in the back of Cantina. They walk up to them as Koska and Bo-Katan turns to them. "We need your help." Din said and Bo-Katan smirks at this. "Not all Mandalorians are bounty hunters. Some of us serve a higher purpose." She said, smugly.

"They took the Child." (Y/n) tells her and the smirk on Bo-Katan's face fades. "Who?" She asked. "Moff Gideon." Din replied. "You'll never find him." She said and she and Koska turn back to their food and drinks on the table.

"We don't need these two. Let's get outta here." Fett said and the trio start to walk away until Bo-Katan and Kosha turn in their seat. "You are not a Mandalorian." Bo-Katan said, looking at Fett. "Never said I was." Fett said. "I didn't know sidekicks were allowed to talk." Koska said, snidely, and Fett chuckles as he walks up to them.