Chapter 12: The Siege

The Razor Crest soared through the same old inky starry sky as (y/n) flip some switches then turns to Din as she sighs. "All right, let's try this again." She said and Din nods before he turns to the wall behind.

"Okay, did you....do you have the wire?" He calls out and the alarm went off. Din comes up besides (y/n) and pushes some buttons. "No. Nothing." He mutters and (y/n) turns in her chair to the wall, where there is a hole and the Child was inside.

"Hey...oh..." she said before she clears her throat and Din walks over to the hole and kneels down. "Okay. Did you get the wire out? The red wire?" He asked as the Child looks at the wires then holds up the blue wire.

"No, no, no. No, the red one. Show me the red wire." Din said to the Child. The Child looks down then coos as he holds up the red wire to him. "Yes, good. Now, you're going to plug that red wire where the blue wire goes in the board." Din explains as best as he could, pointing at the little circuit board in front of the Child.

The Child coos as he looks between the two wires. "Put the red wire where the blue wire goes in the board, okay?" Din said and the Child turns back to the board just as Din adds. "But don't let them touch."

Then the Child turns, quickly, to him and coos a "huh?" to him. "Din, you're scaring him." (Y/n) said to Din, with worry. "I'm just warning him." Din said before he turns back to the Child. "You see where you took the blue one off?" Din asked the Child, who holds up the blue wire and looks at it. "Yes, now put the red one..." Din said but the Child puts the blue wire back in the board.

"No, don't put the blue one back. Put the red one where the blue one was." Din said and the Child pulls the blue wire out and gives a confused look to Din. "And put the blue one where the red one was. But be careful." Din said as the Child looks between the wires while (y/n) holds back a smile and tries not to giggle.

"They're oppositely charged, so keep them away from each other. Make sure you hold them apart from..." Din said but then the Child started to bring the wires together. "No, hold them apart." Din said but too late as the Child brings the wires together and electricity starts to crackle and shock the Child.

(Y/n) jumps at this then comes over and kneels next to Din just as smoke blows out and Din sighs. (Y/n) looks inside the hole and had a worried look towards the Child. "Are you okay?" She asked, worried, and the Child coughs then whines. (Y/n) sighs with relief while Din sighs again. "Well, it was worth a shot." Din said and (y/n) shakes her head. 

Later on, after getting the Child out of the hole, the trio sit in the lower deck of the ship and each of them had a cup of soup in their hands. "There's no way we're making it to Corvus in this shape."  Din said then he lifts his helmet up a little just as he and (y/n), in unison, sip their soup. 

As Din sips his soup, the Child tilts his head to the side and tries to look at his face but couldn't really see it. Din finishes his sip and puts his helmet back down over his face. "I think we need to visit some friends for repairs." (Y/n) said and Din turns to her and nods. "Agreed." He said then they turn to the Child.

"So, how'd you like to go back to Nevarro?" (Y/n) asked the Child, who looks up with intrigue. "I'll take that as a yes." She said and the three of them start to sip their soups at the same time.

As they enter Nevarro's atmosphere, the Razor Crest's alarm keeps going off but (y/n) would flips some switches with one hand while holding the Child with the other hand; while Din steers the ship.

The Razor Crest stutters and shakes as it gets ready to land and Cara and Greef come up to greet. Once it lands, the back door slowly opens and Din and (y/n), with the Child in her arms, walk out while Greef and Cara smile amongst each other.