36| Early Thanksgiving

The next two days went by faster than I would've liked.

Saturday, we spent the day home in each other's arms. Then he taught me how to make pizza saus and we ate the pizza we made for lunch. Then in the evening, we went to a restaurant that Luca frequented. It was not Italian like I thought it would be, but it was a Mexican one.

I stuffed myself with so many types of food I felt like I was going to explode. All of my energy was burned during the night before and the day because of Luca.

Sunday he wanted me to go to church with him.

My mom is Christian, so during Easter and Christmas, when we were still young, we always went to church. But it lessened as we got older. So I decided that I'd go with him. But then I remembered I didn't bring appropriate clothes for church with me.

"Luca, I have nothing to wear." I had told him. He grabbed my hand, and we walked until we were in his parents' bedroom. He kept dragging me till he opened the walk-in closet.

"Pick something from my mom's clothes. You are around the same size, I guess."

My eyes widened, "are you crazy?" I looked around and saw she had a lot of suits and professional attire. "What if she finds out?"

He shrugged, "she won't. And if she did, we have a good explanation."

I ventured out and took a deeper look. Almost everything is brand name, and they looked like they were worn once or twice max. There was no wrinkle in sight.

My eyes had caught attention of a royal blue plain dress. It had a square neckline, and it reached below the knees. I had decided that I would just wear it after Luca said we can put it in the washing machine afterwards and his mother will never find out.

The church we went to was not that big, but it was full with people. Luca had introduced me to everyone as he knew them all. Every time he said that I'm his girlfriend, I wanted to do a happy dance.

But of course I refrained.

Afterward, he took me to a fancy Italian restaurant. And I wasn't surprised when the chef came out to greet him. Someone would think he was a known business man. But I think with how successful his parents are, he is bound to be known and loved by many people.

We had drank some really expensive tasting wine. Just by how the server held the bottle and the rich color of it, I knew for a fact that it must cost a lot.

We had come back to campus early evening. Before we left, I cleaned and disinfected the kitchen island a hundred times. Luca just kept laughing at me and teasing me. He had lifted me multiple time and sat me on the island. But this time I didn't let him do anything, and I forced him to keep it in his room, like his mother had instructed him.

***

Thanksgiving is just next week. My mom is having her annual thanksgiving dinner for the football team earlier than usual, as some of them have to fly out to their families.

Luca will be attending for the first time and hopefully for more to come in the future.

Spending a weekend with him felt so good and right that an idea popped into my head. I have to ask Ben more about it during dinner tomorrow, though.

Now as I'm getting dressed to go to my mom's, mom texts me saying the turkey is halfway done. She's been sending pictures and updated the entire day to Ben and I via our group-chat. This year, she's more excited because both her children are bringing their partner.

My eyes fall to the Polaroid picture of Luca on my vanity. It's at the beach, he's smiling that half crooked smile that has my panties melting.

He's so freaking cute. And sexy.