14| Drunk Dancing

My room is pitch black, in contrast to the sun rays illuminating the outside. The light source in my room is coming from the lamp on my desk, giving me enough light to be able to see what I'm drawing on my sketch pad.

It is the middle of the day, the sun is shining big and hot. But the darkness puts me in the mood to draw some stuff for my next project.

I've been having a difficult time coming up with ideas. The theme is darkness and night. Not my typical style, as I prefer more vibrant colors. But for some reason I've been drawing and drawing almost non stop for the past week.

Ever since Luca and I went skinny dipping...and more. I woke up the next morning and when my eyes fell on my sketchbook, inspiration struck.

I thought of how dark his eyes looked, especially under only the moon light shining. I thought of how dark his curls looked when wet.

A soft smile creeps on my face when I remember bouncing a curl in my hand.

I haven't had a chance to properly see him since we went to the hotel. I have been busy with schoolwork and my upcoming design project and he... well according to his daily text messages he has also been pretty busy. He's been sending me texts ever since he got my number. He sometimes sends me meme he saw online or a photo of something the reminded him of me, like a recipe for pasta.

He once sent a picture of a swimming pool for sale and told me this way we can skinny dip anytime.

I sent him a pictures my legs in the bathtub of my mother's and told him that I'm currently skinny dipping. I immediately got a FaceTime call but I just declined and ignored his next texts for a couple of hours. He sent me a blue ball emoji, telling me that I gave him blue balls. He hasn't sent me any more messages indicating anything naughty after that. He learned from his mistakes.

Sun rays suddenly stream in my room and I squint my eyes from the harsh light. Having gotten used to the dark for the last hours.

"What the hell are you doing sitting like this in the dark the whole day. C'mon, get up. Shower and dress up. We're going out tonight." Sara's loud and commanding voice booms in my now not so very dark room. This is her 'lawyer voice'.

When I don't move she takes my sketchbook from my hand and throws it on my bed.

"Hey! Careful with it. It's for my project." She gives me a sheepish smile.

She tugs at my arm and I stand up. She pushes me to my shower and before she closes the door, her head plops I'm with what she thinks is a stern look. She just looks cute trying to be bossy.

"Shower and wear what I put on your bed. You've been cooped up in your room long enough. Tonight we let loose." She puts her fisted hand up in the air for emphasis.

After two hours of getting ready we are finally walking to Ben's house for the party. Sara keeps walking straight to the kitchen and pours four shots. She pushes two to me and she holds the other two up.

"Cheers!" She shouts. I tilt the first shot glass back and my face scrunch at the strong taste. The liquid of the second glass goes down my throat and it burn less.

I don't get a chance to go find Ben because Sara is sliding another shot in my direction, when I put the empty glass back on the counter she grabs my arm and guides me to the makeshift dance floor. The bass of the music vibrates through my body. We hold on to each other and pretend we know the lyrics to the songs that are playing.

The song change to one I recognize. It's naughty girl by Beyoncé.

"To the sexy ladies in the middle." The DJ says through the mic. We look in his direction and see him pointing at us. We wave back to him.