04| Beer Pong

Thirty minutes later, I think it's time I go back down. Ben wanted me to stay for at least an hour, saying that when he hooks up with someone at a party it usually lasts two hours or more.

I told him that was TMI and that it won't matter either way because I'm telling Luca it was just a joke.

When I enter the living room, I see an entire new crowd occupying the couches.

In the kitchen, Luca is leaning on the island talking to a pretty girl wearing booty shorts and a tank top. I walk up to him and stand on his other side.

He continues talking to her. He knows I'm beside him, though. Already acknowledge me. I think to myself.

I clear my throat but it's useless since the music is pretty loud. When I poke his upper arm, he finally looks down at me.

I grin, "Ready for our beer pong match?"

He looks back at the girl and tells her something I can't make out then looks back at me.

"Yes. Let's go," He says in a serious tone.

Smiling, I take his hand and lead him to the playroom.

The playroom is the last room down the hall. Before we reach it, the door to the laundry room opens up and out walks my dear brother Ben. Behind him I can see a girl fixing her lipstick while holding a mirror.

He winks at me playfully then walks down the stairs after a quick glance at Luca.

I face Luca and see a mix of emotions on his face. Confusion, anger and disgust.

Luca thinks Ben and I are dating, or at least sleeping together–ew–and what he saw makes it look like he cheated on me. With my hand on the handle of the playroom's door, I feel Luca tugging at the other one that's still in his grasp.

I forgot I was holding his hand.

He looks at me, his eyes roaming my face, searching for something. Why I'm being so indifferent about what I just saw.

"Your boyfriend was definitely getting a blowjob from that chick in there and he had the nerve to wink at you and you seem totally fine about it." His tone is laced with anger on my behalf.

"Actually," I chuckle. I contemplate telling him the truth or not. He looks like he wants to beat Ben up and I don't blame him. "He is not my boyfriend," I tell him.

He looks at me dumbfounded. "Oh."

He looks away in thought, shakes his head then meets my gaze again. "Sorry, I just assumed, considering you two clearly went up to his room to..." he trails off.

"He's my brother." I further clarify.

If he had a drink he would have for sure choked on it. His eyes become the size of saucers.

"He's- what? Brother?" He stutters

I nod, amused.

As if his eyes could grow any bigger they did. "Wait. Then why did it really seem like you two were dating?" He asks, bewildered and still slightly confused.

I laugh softly and say. "He just wanted to tell me something in private. And trust me, you're not the first to think that. As crazy as that sounds." I decide not to tell him he did that because he thought Luca was jealous. He definitely wasn't.

He sighs a breath of relief and nods again, finally understanding. "Fuck, I thought you...never mind." He shakes his head. "Me and my brother are also close, so I get it. If I had a sister I would've been the same with her."