30| Nothing

This morning was rough.

I spent half the day nursing my hangover. I don't think my head hurt this bad in a long time. Only bits and pieces of last night are vivid.

What I remember is that we drank wine, so that Sara wasn't so sad and fidgety anymore. I remember laughing while watching the comedy movie. But what I can't remember is how the fuck my new set of bra and thong got on my bedroom floor, because I know for a fact that when I bought them, a couple days before, I put them in one of the drawer of my dresser.

I must have put them on to show Sara. Ah well.

Luca was supposed to come back from his parents' this morning. It's now after three and he still hasn't come back. I even checked my phone in the morning, but he hadn't sent me a text last night or today telling me he'll be coming back later. I don't want to call and ask him what is taking him so long to come back. I don't want to come off as clingy and desperate. Even though that's exactly how I feel.

With being bored, I decide to go to Benny's for a while. Maybe grill him a bit about his girlfriend. I haven't had a chance to properly talk to him ever since he told me he has officially asked her.

When I walk into their house, loud voices are coming from the living room. This is not what I need with my head still not a hundred percent. Jace and Brian are playing video games, and they're so focused they don't even greet me. Liam, their other roommate who's rarely here, is on his phone on the couch next to them. He lifts his head and smiles at me before returning his attention to his phone.

"Hey, guys." I sit in the only space on the couch, next to Jace. They need more seats and couches with the amount of people that hang out here all the time. With it being Saturday, there isn't anyone here now, probably nursing a massive hangover like me.

"Hey, Izzy. Fuck! Did you just do that on purpose?" Jace stands up and motions to the tv.

"Where's Ben?" They both ignore me. Even Liam. I remember a time when Jace would leave everything he was doing when I came here unexpectedly just so he can get me in his bed. Those times seem so distant now.

I poke his stomach, "where's Ben?"

"Banging his girl." He says dismissively, too engrossed in his video game.

Should I interrupt them? Mwahahah!

I can lie and say it's an emergency so he'll open the door. But I know he's never going to forget this and will definitely take revenge.

Going to the kitchen to drink water before I go back to my dorm. I'm filling the glass when Benny himself comes down, wearing only a shit-eating grin and his boxers. When he sees me, he opens his arms for me to give him a hug.

No, thank you.

"I'm not gonna hug you when you've been going at it just a minute ago." He smirks before lunging for me. I let out a shriek and run around the island. He goes the other direction but I'm also fast so I reverse and go in the other direction. We stand on either side of the island and stare at each other. He's standing on the side that's to the living room so I can't just run and go in there because he will catch me. And I really don't want him to hug me with all his sweat. We hug after every game, and he will be dripping wet with sweat. But this is a different type of sweat.

"Just give me a hug." It's not like he's sad that I rejected his hug. He just likes to tease me.

"Just go back to Victoria. I bet she's waiting for you." I wiggle my eyebrows.

He lets out a dreamy sigh, "yeah. You're right." He walks to the fridge and picks up four water bottles. He salutes me before going up the stairs.

***