Games of Death and Traps

Third Person's POV:

If she was someone else she'd have given in, done what her mind was screaming at her to do, telling her to turn around and sprint. Because staying any longer was bringing her closer to the same fate as this poor man was suffering, should she be discovered by the devil in front of her.

However, she was not someone else; she was there for a reason. She was there to help a man who was in need of her and her skills; she was there so his voice could be heard though he might not ever say another word again.

And she knows what happened to him. She can help him.

As much as she wanted to, she couldn't help him right now, couldn't do anything to save his life. But she just couldn't bring herself to let his death go in vain. Not when she had the power to do something about it.

Luckily she was a professional, apparently more so than she recognized herself. As she only then realized the camera she was holding long before the horrid events occurred, was still rolling.

Her years of training at school had most certainly paid off; even in her disarrayed form she had kept the camera lens pointing exactly on right place and had successfully caught the entire scene. The knowledge made her equally sick as it did her relief.

She will show the world what happened here tonight. And she will seek justice for this poor man's wrongful death.

Though she doesn't know the 'why' behind this vile man's actions; it is possible that the victim wasn't so innocent himself; it is possible that there was a huge reason behind why he murdered him in cold blood.

But no matter the reasons he had behind what he did, regardless them being valid or not; no sane whys and wherefores could or should ever give way to an act of cruelty of this extent.

No reason could excuse one taking the law in their own hands to implement justice.

No amount of causes can validate one deciding to play god and execute reckonings the way he did, justified or not.

And for that she will make him serve for his iniquity.

Her eyes were glued to Ford, to make sure she hid from his gaze if he were to look towards the door where he will definitely spot her witnessing his heinous crime.

Although in her caution of Ford she failed to notice the second person in the room. Jacob.

His eyes fell upon the door in his distressed state, where he saw a girl peeking in. Before he could call out to her for help, once more the knife slipped out, this time from his torso, making him shudder more and more fiercely with the increasing pain and rapidly decreasing strength.

To him this must be it, he will lose his consciousness and the pain will go away. Only that wasn't it because Ford wasn't done just yet.

Just as she thought he couldn't become more of a monster and will finally find mercy in his twisted black heart to let the man die with no more pain than he had already inflicted; Ford proved her wrong.

She saw him retract his arm back and bring it down, to Jacob's heart. Causing him yet another frenzy of agonizing jolts of burning pain as the knife slowly edged back into Jacob's body, this time to nestle in his heart.

The sight of his pleading eyes filled in tears from unimaginable pain looking straight at her with a pinch of dying hope that was slowly ebbing away from his eyes along with his life as time passed on, burned itself on her brain.

More blood flowed from Jacobs's mouth as he chocked a word out, looking towards where she was standing behind the ajar door, "Help me, please."

As soon as those words left his mouth her breath was caught in her throat, eyes wide as saucers; she was discovered, and now she was going to get caught by one of the vilest of human species.

At the same time the mention of his plea ruffled the feathers of Ford's superior senses of vigilance as his head snapped up to Jacob's to find him indeed looking to a different direction, ruling out the possibility of him pleading to his good sense of mercy, which of course would have fell on deaf ears – certainly not because he doesn't have any – merely because he was a man on a mission and nothing can deflect him from his goal once Ford had set on one. Instantly he followed Jacob's gaze to where he was looking, finding the door that was left slightly open.

Why didn't he notice it before? How could he have made such a huge blunder? Not checking if the door was locked or not, much less open. It was out of his typical way of doing these things.

His usual includes devising a fool-proof scheme and planning not only his own moves but accurately anticipating his opponent's as well and preparing accordingly to numerous possible situations, something he was particularly good at. Not godly for unapparent reasons after all.

Then what went wrong this time? Was it because he was maybe not as good as he pegged himself to be? Is it that he's losing his touch? Or simply because the unexpected events of today's morning with Eliza has threw him off his usual game of calm and calculated steps that led him to make such a rookie mistake?

It is true that he had much less time to prepare let alone plan, as he was pressed to take action sooner rather than later, before Eliza decided on running her obnoxious loud mouth.

Nonetheless, the mistake has been made, now the consequences will be served.

But the million dollar question now arises.

Who will it be to be paying for the mistake he did here today? By mistake it's obvious that the open door is being considered and not the dying man on the floor in front of Ford.

Because Ford is on the mission to making every single person on this planet to submit their lowly lives to their deserving king; to their true lord; their one and only god; him.

And these games of death and traps are just the fun parts of the journey to claiming his rightful place. The top of the food chain. The top of the top of social and every echelon there is or going to be.

---------------------

Author's Note:

somebody please read my work! like seriously man! lol i feel like i'm such an incompetent writer that nobody wants to read my book and it's making me...well Laugh lol am i seriously that bad though??

btw does somebody here knows juju? if you guess right about what i'm talking about i'll give you a shoutout in my next chapter! promise!