Who's the Victim here?

Third person POV:

Is that really who she thinks it is.

Ford Zoldyck?

Is that really him? But what could someone like him be doing at some place like this?

One thing comes to her mind.

Drugs.

What else but drugs, right? After all this was the house of a drug dealer.

He was standing near the drug dealer that she was supposed to be interviewing. Jacob -the drug dealer- was crouched picking things from the floor, putting them back on a wobbly table. So now she knows what caused that noise.

But most of her attention was snatched by Ford as she saw his eyes rolled back and his body swayed before he landed unceremoniously back on the couch behind him.

She found herself thinking how it would be like if there wasn't anything behind him to cushion his fall? Only for entertainment purposes, of course. It's not like she has something against the man.

Nonetheless, this was a pretty serious situation going on before her eyes. A millions questions swam thru her mind like hungry fishes around a piece of meat. Fast and eager.

First and the foremost being the one: who was the victim here?

As much as she would dislike admitting, Ford Zoldyck did look like the one being taken an advantage of. Based on the way he was half conscious and on the mercy of other. He looked like he was sedated.

Was it an attempt of a kidnapping she happened upon?

He is a very, very wealthy man, indeed. So it couldn't be that far off to believe he was perhaps led here under the pretense of drugs -since she wouldn't put it past the rich to be into that kind of stuff as well- and later made insensible using some sort of sedatives, as clearly apparent; then taken hostage for... perhaps a large ransom?

Could also easily be mutiny. She of all people could testify how the lust for power or the greed for money could turn people against their own friends, their own partners.

Although, if this profession has taught her anything, it's that she shouldn't be too quick to judge. Often times it isn't how it looks like. And it did look like Jacob was panicking over Ford sprawled on his couch.

But what else could be the reason behind what's actually transpiring before her.