Pain in the Ass

Ford's POV:

Wow! What a pain in the ass.

Who let this girl roam around free like this; she clearly needs to be institutionalized. The audacity on that little thing was equally amusing as it was annoying.

I can't remember the last time somebody argued with me like that. But I'm damn sure nobody ever called me a spoiled brat before; they may have said it behind my back but never to my face. Not because they fear me; they should though but they don't because I've never shown my actual true self to anybody. What they fear is the power I hold over them. The mere possibility of their entire lives becoming a massive waste over a single whim of mine holds them on edge; even when I've shown them nothing but a level headed and reasonable side of me.

Sure, sometimes -most times actually- I only pretend to be a tolerant and understanding person when what I truly wanna do is bash their heads under my boot because that where those dumb asses belong. Below me. Yet I gotta hold back.

I mean it's funny and infuriating at the same time, when they are lying to my face, thinking I wouldn't know because they are that good. And they are, sometimes at least. Only problem is, they don't know that I am better, always.

But I have to be average.

That's what I've been taught and that's what's right. Because you see, it's hard to steal something when they hide it or protect it, yet as easy as a stroll in a garden and plucking a flower when it's put on a show, right in front of you. That's exactly what happens when you play fool for a minute and let them believe they are the smartest guy in the room -for once- then watch the oafs set them up to be played, all by themselves. All that's left for you to do is sit back and enjoy the show, as they do your work for you.

Also because average people tend to dislike those smarter than them. And the more you are disliked the more attention you attract, all from the wrong kind of people; people who you need to stay far away from when your favorite pass is similar to mine; slightly illegal, and I'm definitely not talking about gambling. But that's just for until I've reached that point where even if everybody knows, they would just be too powerless to do anything against me.

Soon, that time would come soon.

Hence I could never really display my rightful potential to the public. I usually have to find ways to do things by various means, all of which wouldn't be traced back to me; legal or illegal.

All in all, the story of my poor life: I've had to manipulate the shit out of people to get what I want to happen.

Tell me how's that fair?

I was lost in my thoughts for a minute or two when the door was lightly knocked. Don't know why for a second I got excited with the thought it might be her. Why the hell, though? Is it because I find her audacious, antagonistically confrontational personality to present me with a refreshingly amusing challenge? Or does it perhaps have something to do with her vibrant face that seemed to have etched itself on my brain; and why not, it's true that I haven't seen a more....angelic? face, before; I've seen -and been with- my fair share.