???

A/N SilentGreekArcher won with "ITJS"

Was it morning already? It felt like I had just gotten to sleep a few minutes ago. And, yet, my alarm was blaring, and the clock read 7:02. Sighing, I brought myself to my feet, barely sparing a glance at the other half of the bed where my late wife had slept. It was best not to think about it so early in the morning.

I found a pair of dress pants and a button-up white shirt, and then I started for the shower. Some podcast blared daily affirmation crap through the bathroom. It seemed pointless, but I had read that most successful people did it. Goodness knows I had to be successful.

I turned the water off after having finished the rinse, opting to dry and gel my hair for the day. I found my clothes laid out where I left them and put them on.

Then my phone rang. I picked it up.

"Hello, Ms. Stephanie! What can I do for you?" I greeted with as much pep as I could muster at seven-thirty in the morning.

"I'm so sorry to disturb you, sir."

Obviously not, otherwise you wouldn't have called. "It's no problem! What do you need?"

"Well, I'm sorting through those internship applications."

"Applications?"

"Remember, we've been slowly discussing bringing in a new wave of interns? It was okayed a few weeks ago."

"Right, right, sorry. Excuse me, I'm still waking up," I yawned.

"That's quite alright. I did call you before you got in for work."

"So, what about these applications? We opened it up to high schoolers, right? Don't tell me they're all duds."

"No, no, not at all." She paused. "Yeah, okay, some of them are. But, there's this one kid. You need to take a look at his file yourself. He's at the same school as your son, if I'm not mistaken."

"Okay, leave his file on my desk. Anything else?"

"...There was another kid who fit the description you were looking for."

I froze. This was it. "I want to see his file, too. Who is he?"

"His name is Perseus Jackson. Smart, but not a genius."

"Perfect. I'll see you in a few minutes, Stephanie. Goodbye."

"Bye!"

I finished getting ready and stepped into the elevator. A few floors later, I was stepping into my office. I immediately beelined for the two files, ditching one and flipping over the other so fast that papers danced along my desk.

"Perseus 'Percy' Jackson: almost eighteen, kicked out of eight schools, once a suspected terrorist, et cetera, et cetera..." My suspicions were all but confirmed.

"Here's your usual coffee, sir," my assistant, Stephanie, said as she entered my working quarters for the second time that morning. I turned to the small blond and offered her a smile. She placed the mug on my desk.

"Thank you. How are you?"

She seemed anxious. "I'm doing well, thanks. How about you? Do you think he could be...?"

"I believe so, yes."

"Wow," she breathed. "So, naturally, I'll get him accepted into the program. He has good enough grades, so it won't be suspicious. Where do you want him stationed?"

I glanced back at his file, re-scanning his classes and grades. "He seems to be good at biology. Dr. Cox is sneaky enough, so it should all work out."

"Have you looked at the other boy?"

I shook my head, frowning at the papers I had thrown to the floor in my haste. "No, just a moment." I squatted down, my red tie covering my view for a brief moment before I stuck it over my shoulder. "Peter Parker? My son's mentioned him before. He's supposed to be some sort of genius."

"He is! Have you seen his records?"

"Straight A's, crazy AP classes. Says he skipped a grade, too. Oh."

"You're to that part, aren't you? Poor thing."

"A genius orphan who saw the man who raised him bleed out," I summarized. "With trauma like this, he might even be sympathetic to our cause."

"It would seem risky to tell a high-schooler-"

I cut her off. "I agree wholeheartedly. Perhaps after some observation? Only time will tell."

I straightened once more, turning to the glass wall. It had one of the best views of New York City. Stark Tower stood in the distance. Inside, a spoiled billionaire was probably lazing about, drinking himself away and wasting his precious resources. I clenched my empty fist in a hidden rage. Stark had no right to be at the top. He hadn't earned it like I had! He was born into high society! I climbed to the top with my own two bare hands! I scowled. One day that scumbag would learn his rightfully earned place.

I barely spared the file a glance as I heaved it towards my desk. The kid was something special. I could always use something special. "The Parker kid can rotate between Dr. Cox's and my own. I want to personally see what he can do. He could be a great asset if I can sway him."

"Of course. Is there anything else you need."

I thought for a moment, taking a sip of coffee. "Send all of the finished hybrid reports up. I want to cross-reference a few possibilities for advancement. Do I have any meetings today?"

"You agreed to lunch with Mr. Fisk at one, and there's a board meeting this afternoon at three."

"What did Fisk want to discuss?"

"Something about investing in one of your projects? He was very vague in his request."

"And the meeting? What's that over?"

"Just some routine financial stuff. A few department heads are giving presentations."

"Okay, thank you. You may go now."

"See you later, sir."

"Goodbye, Stephanie."

I picked up the Jackson boy's file and slumped into my chair. This was it. I had found one. There was no mistaking it! I smiled at the future that awaited.

"It looks like I've found myself a demigod."

A/N who's procrastinating memorizing 1 Peter? I AM!