Percy Jackson

School wasn't all bad, I guess. No monsters attacked and I didn't get expelled, so that was a plus.

Although, I went through the entire day thinking I had something weird on my face. Girls kept sneaking glances and giggling. I caught one group pointing at me. What was so funny? Did I have toothpaste on my face? A major case of bedhead? Or was I just that funny looking?

Eventually, I popped in the bathroom to do a once over of my appearance to see what was the cause of all the unnessicary attention. Nothing was wrong. My scars were still hidden with makeup. Nothing abnormal was on my face or my clothes.

Walking to class after lunch (which consisted of an apple and I don't think anyone noticed the small portion), I finally whispered to Pete. "What are they looking at?"

"You," he replied as though it was obvious. "Ned and I are nobodies, so they're looking at you."

"Why?" I asked forcefully. I was mildly panicking. If I ever had this much attention, more often than not, it meant that a monster attack would soon follow.

Peter and Ned shared a look and let out a small laugh. "You're gonna have to figure out that one on your own, buddy." They walked off to Ned's locker leaving a very confused me in their wake.

"This isn't funny!" I hollered back at them, frustrated.

"Sure it isn't," Ned retorted. And, just like that, they were lost in the crowd of people.

That's about when I realized I had no idea where my next class was. I wondered around, checking the numbers above the doors, but it was hopeless. I stopped to think, knowing that walking aimlessly wouldn't help me find my class in the next minute, when my vision was blocked by two hands.

"Perseus Jackson!" an all too familiar voice hissed. I grinned, knowing she wasn't a monster.

"Rachel Dare," I smirked. "I thought you were going to that fancy school now?"

She uncovered my eyes, laughing. "I wormed my way out of it after the one year there. What are you doing here?"

"'Learning'," I shrugged. "Can you show me to the Gov and Econ room? I'm hopelessly lost." I turned around to face her and her tangled red hair, green eyes, and paint covered attire.

"So you've navigated the actual Labyrinth, but not Midtown?" she laughed as we started walking.

"Don't forget that you guided me through the Labyrinth as well," I countered. I noticed more stares. "Why are people looking at us?"

"Not us, they're looking at you," Rachel sighed.

"Okay. Why are people looking at me?"

She chuckled. "I'm not going to spoil it for you. Good luck figuring it out. This is our class."

"Our?"

"We share it! No wonder Annabeth is always calling you a Seaweed Brain!"

I groaned. After Gov and Econ, I had an English class with Peter and Rachel. I made sure to take note of the book we were using so that I could get a copy in ancient Greek later. After that Rachel, Flash, Peter, and Ned shared my gym class. After going over class rules, we played a round of dodgeball. Finally, Peter, Ned, and I shared a study hall.

Needless to say, I was relieved when the day was over. After school, I ordered Greek versions of all my books before starting on my homework. I just had to survive this week with English books and then the torture would be over.

"You just finishing your homework?" Mr. Stark laughed when I entered the living room in search of entertainment. "Pete had his done an hour ago."

"Dyslexia, remember?" I reminded, annoyed that the guy felt the need to bring it up. "I'm practically illiterate. It takes time to decipher what my teachers want me to do."

"It'll be a long school year, then," Mr. Stark said dramatically.

I shrugged. "I ordered copies lf the books in a language my dyslexia doesn't interfere with, so I just have to put up with it for this week."

"Oh yeah? Which language?"

"Greek. My gov and Econ class I had to order a Latin copy, as they didn't have it translated to Greek quite yet," I answered.

"You're kidding."

"Nope. I think I'm gonna go beat the Hades out of a punching bag," I said, getting up to avoid the questions I knew he was forming.

That evening, Jarvis made an announcement saying that there was a fire several blocks away. Peter left telling me he had to grab supplies from the store for a school project he wanted to get started on. He came back empty handed and smelling like ash.

I caught on the news that Spiderman had saved countless lives at the fire. I made the connection.

Peter Parker was Spiderman.

I didn't dare tell him that I knew his secret, but I IMed Annabeth about it before bed.

"So how does it feel to be living with a superhero?" she teased.

"I think there's more going on with this than meets the eye," I replied seriously.

She nodded. "So do I. I also know why. You're staying with the Avengers, according to my godly resources. You aren't supposed to know their identities, but they are all superheroes. Remember when Hera made you sleep for months on end? Aliens attacked while you were dozing and they took care of it. The good news is that once they come clean about who they are--I'm sure that they will--they plan on bringing Thor to the tower so he'll be able to help keep your secret. Although, you do have permission to spill the beans if you want," Wise Girl explained.

"That clears up a lot," I admitted. "It'll also help explain my scars from Tartarus, although I think I'd rather not tell them yet."

"Speaking of scars," Annabeth smirked, "do you use makeup to cover up the one from when you tripped down the stairs of my cabin and busted your jaw?"

I blushed. "Maybe. Do you really have to keep bringing that up?"

"It was pretty funny, Seaweed Brain."

"Wise girl."

"Kelp Head."

"Owl Head."

"Fish Face."

I smirked and swiped my hand across the image. "Mrs. Jackson."