6

A/N: WOAH! A lot of people seem to be adding this to their reading list so I guess I have to actually update now?? What?? I literally had no idea this would get anywhere...uhh..thank you! A lot!( I had a pun planned for this but then I typed it out and hated it.)Anyway enjoy the chapter,and happy late Valentine's Day! I spent a few days with my girlfriend but I meant to get it out feb 14th sorry : (

I rush to her cell like room.As I grow nearer and nearer,I can finally see her.She looks like she's drawing! I didn't know she had a knack for that.It's...cute...in a way.

     I knock on her door,and she whips her head around to see me.

    "Hey-ho" she waves.Haven't met this one yet,but it looks cute enough.

    "Guess who's gonna be your psychiatrist from now on!!" I say,beaming happily at the girl.

      She laughs and walks over to the door.

     "Hm...I dunno...Batman? Oo! Wait! Don't tell me! Marylin Monroe?!"

      I giggle."Nah,she's long gone.Man was she awesome though,eh?"

       She smiles softly at me.Then zones out.I assume she's switching personalities,but to my surprise,once she snaps back to reality,the personality stays the same.

       "Ah,sorry,they were tryna take over,but I already told them it was my turn.Plus,the rest of them are mean! I like being nice,and I like knowing that Y/N is being nice.And so long as I have her,I know I can rest easy." She says.I chuckle.

      "It's very okay! You shouldn't feel like it's bad to switch,though,and I want you to feel comfortable while doing it.It's okay,it's completely natural and I understand if you can't fight back all the time because I know it's hard.You're doing the best you can and I promise you that it's not going unnoticed." I say,reaching my arm through the small window on her door,touching her shoulder.She signs of relief and closes her eyes.

       "Thank you.I needed that.It's been so stressful trying to keep all these personalities under control because they're all their own people.They all have a mind of their own,and sometimes,although I love them,I wish I could get rid of them so it could be just me and Y/N,because I,at the very least, can trust myself with controlling her much more than I trust them.I strive to do what's best for her,I really do,and they do just the opposite."

       I rub her shoulder gently with my thumb and pull my hand out.

      "Our first meeting is tomorrow.You won't wanna miss it." I say sympathetically.She nods,and with that,I walk away.I feel good knowing I can somewhat put her mind at ease.Not because I'm attracted to her,which I'm not,but because I genuinely just want to help.That's why I got this job.To help people who need it. Working here automatically made it my duty to help and save these poor people,and that's just what I'm gonna do.

          I decide to leave early to prepare for our meeting.I go out to buy my baby kitty some treats and such,still in my usual work attire.A long white coat and a crimson red dress undershirt,however my typical prim and proper,put together bun has turned into that of a messy one,and I don't have the energy to fix it.I stayed up all night watching Carol.What do you want from me? How could I not? It's gay,I'm gay,it just makes sense.Anyway,drearily,I place my items up on the counter.As the receptionist rings them up,I notice her glancing at me.

      "You look lovely today,ma'am" she says nervously,not looking up from the items below her,still ringing them up."I look disheveled." I laugh.She laughs too. "You don't look a day over 20" she says.I laugh."Thats because I hardly am.I'm not even 30! Can you believe it?" I ask.I have deep,noticeable eyebags,and it seems like my hair is slowly whitening.I wouldn't blame anyone if they called me 40.She giggles.

        "Natalie." She says.

                "Harleen." I continue."but call me Harley."  I pass her my business card as she hands me my receipt."If you're ever feeling blue,call me.I think I know a thing or two that could help." I say,winking and walking away,cart full of stuff for my cat and I.

        She waves goodbye frantically,blushing,card still in hand as the person behind me coughs,grabbing her attention.I laugh.She's cute.I wouldn't mind seeing more of her,but honestly,she's not my type.I wouldn't mind being friends though.She seems reliable enough.

———————————————————————

      I arrive home with bags covering my arms.Bella rushes over to me and rubs her petite head on my ankles.I smile,but not for long as I run over to the counter,setting the heavy bags down.

      "Jeez...it didn't seem like I got that much at first,but carrying those in just now made me feel like I bought the whole store." I laugh.Bella isn't amused.She meows at me,presumably begging for treats.

      I open the bag and pour some on floor for her.Much to her excitement.She gallops over to them and digs in.I smile sadly.This little cat has been with me through so much,and it's sad knowing that she'll never understand how much she's helped me.

      I look outside only to be met with darkness,and I decide that that's me cue to head to bed.I put away the groceries,shower,brush my teeth,and off I go.Tomorrow is another day,a day that I can't wait for.

A/N:Sorry it's short.