3 (spooky month special,10/1/20)

A/N:
Its really late where I am but I just remembered;
ITS SPOOKY MONTH
so I just had to give you guys a lil present on this glorious day♥️
Only 3 people actively read this book I think,and just letting y'all know that I see that and appreciate it and I'm updating this specifically for you
anyway,happy reading!     <—(10/21/20)

~Quinzel~

'ITS SPOOKY MONTH'I thought to myself.

.

.

.

(sorry,I fucking live for Halloween)

-take 2-

         I woke up from my good nights rest and sit up.I look to my feet and smile,my little ray of sunshine sitting just below my ankle curled up in a ball.

        "Mornin Bella Luna~"I coo.She perks her head up and yawns.

         She trots over to me and parks her little bum right in my lap.

          I giggle.Gently,I push her away."Not now silly,mama's got a new job and she can't loose it just yet." My bundle of joy meows in protest,but it doesn't take her long to get over it and find a comfortable spot on the windowsill.

          I start to get up.Fumbling over my own feet,I make my way over to the bathroom where I comb out my hair.Its all messy and ratty,but with just a few strokes with my trusty little tool,it's nice and smooth again.

          I decide to turn on some tunes,so,I go get my phone.Once it's unlocked,I go to SoundCloud and put on some of my favorites.My shower playlist has all sorts of good songs on it,like Hayloft by Mother Mother,I Cant Handle Change by ROAR,Lone Digger by Caravan Palace,etc etc.I start to strip and put on the warm water.Well,not really warm water per say,I actually like it really really hot.Like REALLY hot.Anyway,I get in and I can't handle change is the first song to play.The first bit is awkward since there's no words,but once they start coming in,I gain momentum.

"Nothing I do is ever goooooooooooood~"

               The music continues for a bit.

       "I can't help but repeat myself,I know it's not your fault"

                "Still lately,I begin to shake"

                           Here it comes.

                             "For no reason at all"

           "FOR NO REASON AT ALLLLLLLL"

         I yell into my makeshift brush microphone.It feels so good to let it out,even if my neighbors must hate me.The steam helps with my mood too,It's all nice and warm.As much as Id like to feel this bliss forever,I've got a job to do.And with that,I let the playlist continue on while I finish up my shower.

         After I'm done,I get out,brush my teeth,blow dry my hair,you know the drill.With a bit of hair spray,any stray hair is no more,and every little piece is nice and slicked back.I throw myself a pair of finger guns and click my tongue.To be honest,I look pretty good.Not too sure about the spectacles though,after this shift,those are forever a no go.I can hardly see with them on anyway.

          I walk out to my car and head on over to the asylum,the silence on the ride there comforting me.I know it's a dangerous job,that's why I have it.If I don't do it,no one
else will.At any second,any of these patients could go feral,and I could wind up dead.No number of guards will keep me safe if one of these hyper genius loonies get their hands on me.But I'd rather it be me than someone else.

            I decide to turn up the radio.A little music won't hurt.As much as I like the silence,I like loud sound much more,that's actually probably why I'm into the Insane Clown Posse.

Fergalicious turns on and I start to sing my heart out.It's a big stress reliever,and I swear I'm in the best mood I've ever been once I reach the front gates of the asylum.

I waltz in,prepared to take on the world!

I'm on cloud nine when suddenly I hear the same sirens I heard the day before.What's even the point of this building if it can't keep the patients in and gets blown up all the time? I don't know,but 200 dollars is 200 dollars so...

          I just barely make it through the door when I spot a large sum of patients running through the halls.Some laughing and cheering,others just keeping their eye on the prize.I sit down in one of the chairs,it's not like they're coming my way,anyway.Might as well wait til the chaos dies down.Before I can blink,however,I see them change corse.Just a second ago they were going crazy in the cafeteria???What..?
Some reach to grab me,and one actually does.It's the joker.He hurls me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes as he keeps running.

             "Can I help you?" I ask.No use in fighting,he'll have to set me down eventually.I'll escape then."And who might you be,little lady?" He laughs.Fucking psycho.

         "Harleen.But that's Dr.Quinzel to you."
He gives his loud,hearty laugh once more."Alright,Harley,I'm the Joker."

              "You're oh so original.Like I haven't heard that before.And,yeah I noticed.What an honor to be in the arms of the king of crime himself." I spit harshly,sarcasm evident in my tone.

             "Ooh!I'm flattered,truly!" He says,finally setting me down near a tree.The police followed closely behind us.I try to make my escape when he grabs my wrist and pulls me in front of him.

            "Let me go or I'll kill the girl!" He yells with a smile,sinking a knife into my neck.It's only a small cut as of right now,but I have a funny feeling that it'll get much bigger with time.I hear a bit of what the cops are saying.

            "Are we really gonna let him go,boss?"
One officer asks."Of course not! She's expendable,easy to replace.We don't need her! Just arrest him already!"The commissioner yells.The officers nod and point their guns at the crazy clown. (not commissioner gordon btw,he would never do that in the history of ever)

           Suddenly,that girl I spoke to the day before intervenes.She stabs an officer in the neck just before stealing a gun from his waistband and his shield.The commissioner runs away while she beats the living shit out of the other officers.The joker thanks her before she beats him up too.She helps me up.I look down at the green haired man who was lying on the floor.I spit right in his face and mumble 'dickweed'.The girl laughs."You okay?" I smile."Yeah,you?You fuckin demolished those guys earlier! Where'd ya learn that?" I let my accent slip again,but for some reason,It felt...natural.Like I could be myself around this girl.I felt safe around her,and,for whatever reason,I liked it.

              "Ya ready tah head back pretty lady?" Y/N asks.Last time I spoke to her,she had a cold personality and she didn't seem to talk much.Ah.This must be an effect of that disorder she has.I'll have to do some research on that later.But for now,I think it's time to finally head over to where we're supposed to be.

                  I smile."Yeah,Let's."

A/N:   Apologizes for the short chapter,I'm tired and wanted to get something out real quick.