5

A/N:Miss me?The song for this chapter was originally going to be my axe by Insane Clown Posse (I LOVE THEM SO MUCH PLEASE-) or Paper Planes by MIA but I decided to add a bit calmer of a song since I know it can be distracting sometimes.Anyway,Enjoy!

         After that,I ran as fast as my legs could take me back to my office.Once I got there I paced back and fourth frantically.

                   "Shit,shit,shit!" I thought.

"Shannon!" I silently yelled at myself.

I sped to her door.

         I slammed it open,huffing and puffing,since I was out of breath.

         She jumped before speaking."Oh gosh.You sure know how to spook someone!Anyway,what can I do you for? You seem pretty stressed."

         "Sorry Shannon,but I've got a huuuuge favor to ask of you."

         "Sugar,nothing you could say I could refuse,you're like,my only friend so...uh...anyway,what is it??"

         I give a small smile before I continue.

        "I reaaaaaally really want this one patient.She seems really interesting and bit easier to handle than the rest of the patients,which is great for someone just starting out here!" I cough and whisper "(like me)"

         She laughs."Alrighty,which one?"

                                   "Y/N L/N"

         She sits down at her desk and puts the patients' name into the search engine.She pulls up a picture of Y/N end points to it.

         "That one?" She asks.I nod my head.

        "Wowie! What a catch! She sure is pretty!"

         I chuckle."I guess so." I respond.I sort of under exaggerated how pretty I actually thought she was.I just couldn't let Shannon know that I found her attractive because I'm sure it's unprofessional.Wait but she just did it? Well I guess she's not the one tryna work with her. Anyway.

           She pulls up what I'm assuming to be the person in charge of dividing the patients to the doctors.She sends a quick email to them and smiles."There you go,hon! All set! Now we just gotta wait for them to respond,which they usually do fairly quickly.Give it an hour or so and then come back to me,deal?"

           "Deal!Thank you so much Shannon! Really!Is there anything in could do to repay you?"

           "Nah,it's alright,that's what friends do!I don't expect anything in return,so long as you're happy!" She says and smiles.I smile back.God I love this girl,she's so cute 🥺💞.(sorry for the use of emojis,I just thought it'd help convey my thought better)

————————————————————————

            I return to Shannon about an hour later,fully expecting the email.

           "Hey,shea!I can call you that,right?"

"Like I said last time,yup.Call me anything you want." I giggled softly."Thanks." I reply as I pull a chair up next to her.She opens up the computer,only to find that there's no email.

I sigh."This is nice." Shannon says.

I look at her,confused.

"Well I mean nothing bad has happened in the asylum yet,I mean usually it's just chaos all the ti-"

She's cut off my alarms blaring all throughout the building.

"LOCKDOWN,LOCKDOWN,LOCKDOWN!!"
we hear guards shouting.

We quickly hide under the desk per safety protocol.

"Well shit." She says with that familiar southern accent. I laugh.I wonder what all the commotion is about,though.I guess I'll have to get used to not being so curious,because I'm sure I'm gonna be hearing a lot more of this in the near future.

"What do you think it is this time?" I ask.

"Who know-" the power shuts off,leaving us under her desk in the darkness.

"God damn it,come on just let me finished my sentences."

I laugh again."Here,I'll go lock the door"

"Alrighty."She says.I get up and lock it.

This should be fun

————————————————————————

We talked for hours,because that's how long the lockdown lasted.As it turns out,a couple of patients had escaped.They were pretty dangerous too.

I learned a little bit more about Shannon too.Turns out she keeps decks of uno in her desk drawers?? I thought it was weird too,but it gave us something to do,so I can't really complain.

          "Well,ready to check on that email??" She asks me.

          "Ready as I'll ever be I guess." I respond.

She turns on her laptop and we take a look.

"Hello,Shannon."It reads,"Yes,I was looking for a doctor to take her in anyway.Thank you for the suggestion.I appreciate it.

-Ryley"

I squeal in delight and hug Shannon.

"Thank you! Thank you! I'm so excited to have my very own patient!"

She laughs."Don't mention it sweet pea,It was nothin',I'm just glad you got what you wanted!" She beams at me.

"I'm gonna go tell her the news!Ill see you in a bit,Shannon! Thanks again!" I say,waving as I exit the room.