2

~Quinzel~

After I got settled into my new humble abode,I decided to check up on that girl's history that I met earlier.I had some sort of strange attraction drawing me towards her.Not in a romantic way or anything,well,I'd hope not anyway,but in a way that she intrigues me.Shes interesting,and something about that gives me a sort of rush.

I went to go ask Shannon about her,but before I could get down the hall,I bumped into someone.

"Ow,sorry,my bad,here let me help ya up." She said.

I replied with a small thank you when I finally looked up at the person I bumped into.It was Shannon!

"Oh! Hey Shannon! I was just comin to see ya." I accidentally let my accent slip a bit.Being born and raised in Gotham is an awful thing to try to hide,especially when everyone around has that same distinct accent.I wanted to prove I was different.Professional.Just from my appearance alone,people already assumed I was basic enough.The context they got from me was "blonde slutty bimbo" and I hated it.Getting this job helped a bit,it sort of shoved the whole "dumb blonde" trope straight down the drain since having a PhD is pretty difficult to get.I don't know who I'm trying to prove my worth to,but I really hope it's working.

She helped me up and smiled. "Well,sugar,whattya need?" She asked politely. "Well I was studying the new patient and didn't have much to go off of seeing that I only met her once.Do you think you could help me?" I asked.She looked at me like I had three heads. "What new patient?Hon,ya gotta understand,Gotham is full of crazies,we get new patients all the time." She said.I thought for a moment,thinking back on the girls features."Well,for one,those long black horns.Whats the deal with those? Anyway,she had horns,h/c hair,and I think e/c eyes,but I can't be too sure."

               Shannon nodded with that "ohhhhh okay I get cha" look on her face and waved me into her office.I followed and as we entered,I took in the area around me.There was a large grey filing cabinet behind the right of her desk,and a small fake plastic palm tree on the left.There were two identical plants on either side of the door when you enter,and cute pictures of her and her family peppered around the room.I smiled at the cute decor.It was much more lively than mine,and rightfully so.I had just arrived anyway.

Shannon sat in her chair and opened a drawer.She pulled out a couple of files and handed them to me."Thanks Shea! I can call you that,right?" I asked. She nodded and blushed a bit.I giggled at this,but she didn't seem to notice.I walked out of the room and back to my office.

I sat down in my chair and looked at the files. "Y/n L/n" it read. I smiled.Her mugshot sat stapled just barely over her name,and I stared at it for a bit.Now that I think about it,she's actually pretty cute.

"Name:Y/n L/n. Age:24 disorders:disassociation,dissociative identity disorder
medication:Xanterex(not a real medicine btw,just wanna make that clear)
Doctor/s:None
Family: unknown
Alias:Spades
Notes:not much of a talker(?),seems to react harshly to mentions of family,very distant and hard to crack open,does not respond well to kindness,however,she does have dissociative identity disorder,therefore it is hard to get a grasp on full behaviors.Has only seen one personality so far as of 9/19/91.More research to come.
Crime History:has only been found guilty of one crime,that being theft,however she has been warned many times for making threats to others"

I finish reading over the information given to me.I guess they wouldn't mind me adding some more onto there.But it was getting late,and I had my small fluffy cat to tend to.

As I begin to pack up my stuff I think to myself.. 'could she be my first patient? I mean it probably won't happen,this place has over 200 patients,and out of all of them it's not very likely for me to get her,but..a girl can dream,right?' I don't know why I was obsessing over some girl I saw only once.Just something about her character really drew me in.I knew I couldn't think about her too much though,she's my patient after all,and I've got other things I have clouding my mind.

Just before I was about to exit,alarms started booming through the building.I turned around to see some of the most dangerous villains of Gotham trailing behind me.Instead of going through the doors,however,I decided to get out of their way and run over to a corner,where I crouched down in hopes of hiding myself.I guess the chairs were a good disguise,because the didn't even glance my way.I sighed in relief and looked over to the chubby middle aged man that I had met just hours before.He looked terrified.

I walked up to his glass box and knocked on it."Are you okay?" I asked.He slowly looked over to me with his eyes still bulging and nodded.After a little while he finally calmed down.

"It happens so much,you'd think I'd be used to it by now,but nope." He mumbled."Can't have shit in Gotham..." I laughed."Well,you have a good rest of your night,sir!" I said,turning on my heels and making my way through the doors.Of course I knew the dangers of going outside right now,but,again,I have a family to take care of.

——————————————————————

I finally reached my little apartment.I ran up the stairs,eager to tell Bella about my adventure today.

I got in and immediately locked the door behind me.Its a habit you have to have here,otherwise you won't live to see another day.

"Bella! Ya won't believe what happened at my new job! It was so exciting!" I let my accent slip,because that's a little part of the luxury I get from being home.I didn't get any response,other than a cute little meow.

I felt weight on me,only to look down and see the little white fluff ball I love making herself comfortable on my lap.

"Awh! My little Bella Luna..." I said,petting her gently.

"I love ya.."

A/N
————
I know no one reads these,but sorry I didn't update for so long! Gee,I really thought I would be able to get this out a lot sooner.I haven't written a book in a while so I guess I forgot how tedious it is to keep up with a schedule (which I uh...totally have) anyway,I almost gave y'all a 700 word chapter,but decided to do ya one better,and upped it to 1,100 words.Love you guys! Thank you for your patience!

-Amethyst