8

I stumbled home,uneasy on my feet,still shaken up after being kidnapped by the Joker for a second time.God,I really hope this doesn't become a usual thing.

      My apartment in view,I start to speed up,looking frantically around for any other criminals lurking in the shadows of Gotham.

It's a scary place in case you haven't noticed.

      I tremble up the stairs and unlock the door.I rush in and immediately shut it behind me.I slide down the side of it and let my hair down.

       I put my head in my knees.'What did I do wrong?She found a psychiatrist who cares.Someone who could help her.Why would she want to leave?What could I have done better?' I groan,listening to the familiar thoughts that filled my head.To be honest,I'd grown used to them.They tell me things I hate to hear and what to do or what to say and overall are responsible for the majority of my sadness.They'd be driving me crazy if I wasn't already.

     'You should know better.Nobody wants your help.' says one. 'How do you expect to save others if you can't even save yourself.' says another. 'You're deteriorating.'

     I jolt awake,not realizing I had fallen asleep.Bella trots over to me and I give her a small smile,gently petting her fur before getting up.

     I feel something cold under my eye,so I put a hand up to it.Tears.I guess I'd been crying.Not like it's the first time,and I know damn well it won't be the last.

     I walk into my room and flop on the bed,checking the time on my phone.

      6:30.Hm.I open the phone and pull up Instagram.

      I feel like i'm forgetting something..

    I realize I had an unread message,and decide to close off Instagram and open it instead.

Hiii! I'm on my way,you almost ready?

     'Shit!' I forgot about that girl! I get up and rush around my room to find some decent clothes.I mean I know it's just a pizza place but I can't just go on a date in my work clothes,much less a lab coat.I fix hair up a bit and rush into my ca-

       It's still at the asylum.

       My car.

       Is at the asylum.

     "Damn it!" I yell. "Universe,you're really pushing my buttons right now."

      I stand on the sidewalk looking around,then down at my phone,around,down at my phone,around,down at my ph-

                        you get the point

     I think to myself. "Mm..." I look around again.I spot the road down to where the restaurant is."Yes!" I cheer to myself.

      I rush down the crossroad and up the sidewalks.

     Finally,after what felt like running for forever,I arrived at the restaurant,soaked in sweat.No wait..

    I look up.

    rain.

    great.

WHY👏IS👏THIS👏HAPPENING👏TO👏ME
GODDD I JUST CAN👏NOT GET A BREAK

I slap my hand to my forehead and rubbed my temples.I groan.I hope she doesn't mind because seriously? I can't take another minor inconvenience I will flip shit.