☁︎︎ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟚: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℚ𝕦𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝕤 𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜☁︎︎

Wow.. he kissed me! I'm a bit shocked to be honest, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have feelings for him. He slowly pulled away after a bit and looked me in the eyes.
"W-Was that alright? I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable." He asked, seemingly a bit flustered.
"I don't mind at all, I like it actually." I replied, my cheeks flushing red. He was so gentle with me and I couldn't help but feel safe around him. He held my hands and stood up from the table.
"Are you done bunny?" He questioned, looking over at me. I began to blush even more, happy with this newfound nickname that he gave me.
"I am!"
"Good, because I have one last thing to show you." He spoke as he guided me out of the kitchen and towards the door that I was curious about earlier in the tour.

He opened the door and it lead to a brand new office full of books and new furnishings.
"Do you like it?" He looked over at me, a bit nervous.
"It's a wonderful office, but who is it for?"
He chuckled and rustled my hair, messing it up a bit. "It's for you dummy! Who else would I have made such a nice office for?" He joked.
"Wow..!! It's perfect Will! Thank you so much!!" I grinned, pulling him into a hug and kissing him on the cheek. He held me close and kissed my forehead.
"It's no problem Y/N, it's my gift to you. I need my top engineer to be comfortable at the workplace."
Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and Will groaned.
"Who could possibly need me right now?" He asked as he begrudgingly let go of me to open the door.

William's POV:

To our surprise, it was Jake, the previous leader of the Vessel Project. What the h*ll could he want?
"I'd like to speak with you alone sir." Jake spoke, with a sternness in his voice. I reluctantly agreed, telling him it would have to be quick as we walked into the conference room.
"What is this about Jake? I was already doing something quite important with Y/N-" In the middle of my sentence I was cut off by him slamming on the table in anger, still standing up.
"You promised ME that job!" Jake scowled, obviously jealous of Y/N's new position. For some reason this put me in a cocky mood, considering he was insulting my girlfriend.
"Sorry Jake, I don't give positions of power to quitters." I replied with a smirk. This only seemed to make him angrier. That's when the argument began to get worse.
"I led that project for longer than her!"
"Yet she accomplished so much more in that short amount of time. At least she finished the project."
"She couldn't have finished it without my research!"
"Actually, she did her own research and found the blueprints of the vessel with information you disregarded during one of our meetings."
"It was still my notes from our meeting!"
"It's nothing I wouldn't have told her when I originally met with her."
"You're only defending Y/N because you think you have a chance with her!"

Now he had crossed the line. Now it was personal. My cocky attitude quickly turned to a sour one, unable to let that snarky comment slide.
"Even if I have feelings for her that's NONE of your business, nor does it downplay the hard work and incredible feats she performed." I stood up from my seat, getting face to face with him. He began to stand down a bit, possibly fearful of the consequences of what he had done. Regardless, I continued on.
"So what now? What are you going to do Jake?"
"I-I'll tell the police about what you're doing here! Especially how you're squatting in an abandoned building!" He threatened, with a shakiness in his tone. After he threatened something like that, I knew I couldn't let him leave for Y/N's, mine, and everyone else's safety at the hub. I tried to act calm, so he wouldn't expect what was coming.
"Jake, I own the building. Just because I died once doesn't mean I no longer own it." I chuckled, attempting to make a mockery of his accusations. He began to relax a bit, and I watched his tense muscles release the stress from them. His frown began to fall and he sat back in his chair, almost as if he was admitting defeat in the argument.

I began to pace around the room while speaking about projects that needs to be done at the hub that he could work on, in an attempt to distract him. As I got up behind him, I stopped and swiftly pressed a pressure point on his shoulder which caused him to pass out, falling back out of his chair. I didn't want to kill him, at least not today. I don't want to scare Y/N or cause any more attention to be drawn to my "tendencies". I messaged a member to come get him and drag him to the basement to be tied up until we could figure out how to handle the situation.

After this, I walked back into her office. She was organizing the area and rearranging some of her files. When I walked in, her face lit up with a smile which caused me to smile as well.
"Hey you're back! What did Jake have to say?" She asked, seemingly curious about what had happened.
"It was nothing Y/N, he just had a bit of a bone to pick with me, that's all." I chuckled, not wanting her to worry. She got out of her chair and yawned before walking over to me.
"Can we head home? It's getting late." She asked as she handed me the car keys.
"Of course we can, let's go relax." I replied, wrapping my arm around her as we walked out together.

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎:
𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛!! 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢, 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝙰𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 ☻︎♥︎♥︎ !!