☁︎︎ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜: 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖'𝕤 𝕒 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘☁︎︎

ℍ𝔼𝔸𝕍𝕐 𝕋ℝ𝕀𝔾𝔾𝔼ℝ 𝕎𝔸ℝℕ𝕀ℕ𝔾: Mentions of dead people, kidnapping, dissection (not in detail, I'm not that gory), and overall violence.

Once I was ready, I hurried downstairs to meet with Will before getting in the car together.

He decided to drive again which I preferred, driving tends to make me quite anxious. Once we reached a red light, he turned towards me for a moment.
"Starting today I'd like to have you working as the head coordinator on the Remnant Project."
"Isn't that Jake's job?"
"Jake and I had a bit of a disagreement on how the project should be ran so in the mean time, I feel that it would be best if you took the leadership role. Would that be alright with you?"
I nodded with a confident smile, even though I was a bit worried about what this job would entail. He kissed me softly before the light turned green, making my heart flutter with excitement.
"Good. I knew I could count on you Y/N."
"But if I'm working on the Remnant Project, what will you be doing?"
He took a small pause before giving me his answer.
"I'll be working on renovations in the basement during the day, so I'd advise you to stay away from the area for your own safety since there will be a lot of tools and dangerous equipment out."
"Alright. Can we still meet up for lunch though?"
"Of course bunny! Just text me when you take your lunch break and we can go to a diner or cafe."
I smiled and nodded, happy to spend more time with him. Soon, we arrived at the hub and went our separate ways in order to start working.

I walked into the workshop where the Remnant Project was being planned and worked on. There were notes scattered across the desks and a few members sitting in office chairs around the meeting table. It would've seemed like a perfectly normal office setting if there wasn't a corpse laid across the meeting table. I had thought of an entire speech to introduce myself but my mind drew a blank as my eyes fixated on the corpse.
"You're the one who procured this corpse with Mr. Afton, correct?" A guy asked. I don't believe I've ever met him, yet he spoke with an impressed tone of voice. If anything, I thought they would've seen me as cold blooded for what I had done with Will.
"Y-Yes I am! I'm Y/N L/N, it's nice to meet all of you!" I chimed, attempting to make a good first impression.
"I'm quite impressed, none of us had the guts to pull it off, including Jake." He chuckled, rolling his eyes as he spoke about Jake. Now that he mentions it, I haven't seen Jake at all today.. I wonder if he quit. The guy who had been speaking to me stood up and held out his hand to shake mine.
"I'm Oliver, I do all of the research for the project. It's nice to meet you."
I shook his hand and took a seat at the table, although I did move my office chair further from the corpse.

"Have you worked with remnant before?" Oliver inquired.
"Honestly I haven't, but I did insert William's program into the vessel."
"That's quite interesting, I think we could both make a great team since I have no clue about how vessels work."
This made me smile, it felt rejuvenating to find myself in a team of positive and hardworking people.
"What would the first step be to extracting the remnant?"
Oliver froze for a moment, seemingly nervous to speak about it.
"We'd have to dissect the body and use specific body parts like the heart and brain to extract the remnant.. None of us have had the confidence to do it. But now that you're here, we're hoping you could help us."
Is this what being in second command entails? If I didn't agree to this, what kind of leader would I be? A quitter? William had to have known about this, he probably assigned me to the job since he knew I'd respect his wishes. I guess I'll have to swallow my dignity and set an example.
"I'll do it. Please prepare the room with the necessary clean up equipment, I'll be back with tools."
I began to make my way to the basement, my legs shaking with fear, as I went to grab some items for the extraction.

𝕎𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕞'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍:
After waving goodbye to Y/N, I headed down to the basement where they've been holding Jake captive overnight. There he was, tied to a chair up against the back wall of the basement with duct tape over his mouth, surrounded by members of the hub to ensure that he couldn't leave. For once in my life, I felt a bit nervous, considering I honestly don't know what to do with him. I don't want to kill him because it would attract attention to my 'tendencies' but I can't just keep him here forever either. I quickly ripped the duct tape off of his mouth, ripping off some of his facial hair with it.
"SON OF A B*TCH!" Jake yelped in pain.
"Keep your profanity to a minimum Jake we're in a professional work environment." I smirked, standing over him.
"Professional work environment?! I didn't realize professional owners tied up their employees!!" He growled, obviously quite heated by the whole situation. I liked pushing his buttons, it's fun provoking a reaction from him.
"I didn't realize that employees normally threatened their boss without consequences. Jake your meaningless pleas and profanity have fallen upon deaf ears, I have no need to respect you after you threatened my operation."
Suddenly, I heard steps coming down the creaky staircase that led to the basement. Nobody is supposed to be coming down here.. how did someone sneak in?

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎:
𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛! 𝙸 𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝, 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔. 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢! :)