☁︎︎ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟: 𝕃𝕚𝕗𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 ℍ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕨𝕒𝕪☁︎︎

After he dealt with some personal matters, we both walked to my car, climbed in, and buckled up. As I began to drive home, he messed and toyed around with the tech in my car, experimenting with the touch screen and the GPS. I wonder how long it's been since he was in the real world.. I should think about this later, I need to focus on driving.

As I went to adjust the GPS, my hand touched his and we both blushed.
"S-Sorry about that! I was just trying to put the address in." I stuttered, a bit unsure of how to feel or react.
"No worries! There's no need to apologize." He smiled back at me, making me feel a bit better. The cool thing is, I didn't program a voice for him because there was already one assigned to the hard drive. This was his real voice, and I found that incredibly interesting. I find myself constantly thinking about new questions for him, but I'd hate to be annoying so I'll ask them every once in a while.

As we got on to the highway, the car was quiet, which I absolutely hate. Silence is so awkward and uncomfortable sometimes, so I decided to start the conversation.
"So do you have anything you want to do now that you're back?"
"Well, I want to start a life again. I wasn't going to put you and everyone else through all of that trouble if I wasn't going to live a fruitful life. We'll continue to recruit more members for the group and I'll explore the new things a modern life here has to offer. It seems like I've missed out on so much.."
His voice was confident and enthusiastic, until that last part. I wonder if he misses the people he had his previous life with, but that seems like too sensitive of a question to ask.
"Is roller skating still a popular activity? Or is that dated now?" He asked, turning over to me.
"It's not as popular, but there's a roller skating rink about 10 minutes away from the house. I actually enjoy roller skating so I wouldn't mind going if you're interested."
His face lit up and he smiled at me, ruffling my hair "it's a date then!"
I blushed deep red, smiling brightly. A date? I don't know if he meant it that way but that sounds like so much fun! I've been so caught up with work recently that I haven't had much time to relax or go out for fun.

Soon, we arrived at my house and I parked in the garage. When we got out of the car, he looked at my tools and workshop in the garage, inspecting some of Henry's old blueprints on my desk.
"Would it be okay if I worked out here sometimes? You have a pretty nice set up y/n!"
"Of course! I don't mind, but I recommend turning on the fan if you plan on working in here, it can get pretty hot." I giggled and stepped inside, with him following behind me.
I gave him a tour of the house, showing him all of the different rooms, and where he'd be staying. Thankfully, I have a guest bedroom where he can stay; I wouldn't want him sleeping on the couch.
"This seems great y/n, thanks again for letting me stay with you." He said while looking around the guest bedroom.
"It's no problem sir! I'm glad to have you here."
He walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder, looking into my eyes and smiling.
"There's no need for such formalities. Please, just call me William or Will."

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎:
I'd like to give a special thanks to Spring_boi876 for helping me with the start of this chapter! I had a bit of writer's block and they helped me get back on track with the book. I definitely recommend for you guys to check out her content!! As always, have a wonderful night guys!! ♥︎♥︎