Ch 11

City of Gotham State District Courthouse

I was turned in my seat talking to Natalie who tried to ignore me as she sat next to Lucius.

"Look, are these your people? Is this like a kind of test or something?" I hiss and she glares at me.

"Can you shut up? And not bring that up." She retorts lowly.

"Ms.Wayne, could we pick up now where we left off? Ms.Wayne. Please." Gotham's district attorney Carl Finch speaks.

"Yes, dear?" I respond while I turn around in my seat to see the council of officials.

"Can I have your attention?" He asks.

"Absolutely." I nod straightening my blazer as I face forward in my seat.

"Do you or do you not possess specialized weapons?" He questions.

"I do not." I shake my head.

"You do not?" He repeats with raised eyebrows.

"I do not. Well, it depends on how you define the word weapon." I tilt my head a bit.

"The Batman weapons." He reiterates.

"My devices do not fit that description." I shake my head.

"Well...How would you describe it?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"I would describe it by defining it as what it is, Mr.Attorney." I shrug.

"As?.." He drags along.

"Well my interpretation of exercising my right of the 2nd amendment of the United States. That is- that is- That's actually the most apt description I can make of it. To protect myself." I explain simply.

"It's not protection. They're weapons. Weapons, Ms.Wayne." He emphasizes.

"Please, if your priority was actually the well-being of the American citizen-

"My priority is to get the Batman weapons turned over to the people of the city of Gotham." He states.

"Well, you can forget it. The suit stays with me. It was my father's. To turn over the Batman suit would be like to turn over a part of me which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending or what state you're in. You can't have it." I shake my head.

"Look, I'm no expert-

"In prostitution? Of course not. You're an Attorney." I say making the people laugh.

I turn back and wave with a smile. I look over at Lucius and Natalie who do not look at all impressed.

"No?" I mouth and he shakes his head making me turn back ahead.

"I'm no expert in weapons. We have somebody here who is an expert on weapons. I'd now like to call Micheal Akins, our current GCPD Commissioner." Finch says and my jaw clenches as I see said man comes in and takes his seat along with the council.