Ch 17

Before I can think twice I make my way over and hug Tony, one which he reciprocates graciously.

"Hey kid." He greets me softly, holding me securely in his arms.

I don't reply as I just hold him for a few seconds longer before I clear my throat a bit, stepping back and he does the same.

"It's uh- good to see you, Tony." I tell him.

"You too. Sorry for not reaching out since..y'know... It's been pretty hectic-

"I get it." I nod stiffly in understanding before looking over at the bar.

I go over and pour myself a big drink and chug it down.

"Shit." I hiss at the burning sensation before pouring another one.

I then hear the door to the bathroom from down the hall open along with approaching footsteps making me turn in that direction, and when I see who it is I almost choke on my drink.

"Ms- Ms.Waller." I clear my throat as she steps forward coming into the room.

"Would you like a drink-

"You look terrible." Is her greeting as she cuts me off.

"You should stop working nights." She continues, getting settled in her seat, Tony doing the same with a drink in hand and I compose myself.

"I get enough rest. This is because of the day I've had." I motion up and down at myself.

"So you're nice to her?" Fury speaks up with a raised brow referring to Amanda.

"Well there's a simple answer to that. She actually scares me." I reply before taking a defeated breath.

"So, I see I won't be watching Shrek 2 tonight in my underwear- Actually y'know what? New rule. No surprise visits unless the world is ending." I say looking around the room before running a hand through my hair tiredly.

"Or at least bring over a bucket of chicken." I go to the fridge, opening it.

"Oof, needa buy some food." I say closing it immediately after seeing the mostly empty fridge.

"We came here to talk about important matters." Fury continues.

"Of course, of course. No one comes just to visit nowadays. There's always something isn't there?" I question rhetorically with a raised brow.

"Is this a catch up meeting of operation 'Make Wayne's Life a Living Hell'?" I then ask going over to take a seat in a recliner tiredly.

"Actually it's operation 'Get Wayne's Head Out of their Ass." Amanda speaks up making me turn towards her.

"I'd be mad if that wasn't a good one." I point at her to which she shrugs slightly.

"I don't see death crawling up on you anymore. I assume you went to Metropolis to see Ms.Luthor?" Fury asks.

"Yea-

"Lena Luthor? As in the one and only ex?" Tony cuts in taken aback and my eyes widen slightly before I compose myself to an unaffected expression.