Twenty Three

"BEEP. BEEP. BEEP."
My feet were carrying me towards a laugh but I had no idea who it belonged to. It sounded sweet and innocent and young. I was so drawn to it that I couldn't get myself to stop and go away from the laugh.
I was in Dauntless but I was completely and utterly alone. I felt as if something was missing, not just the people, but part of me. Something was off.
I tried calling for my dad but he wasn't there and he wasn't calling back to me. Now I know something is wrong. He would never ignore my yells.
As I walked into the pit I was still alone. The normally over populated area was deserted and there wasn't a single trace of motion.
"BEEP. BEEP. BEEP."
I placed my hands over my ears, trying my best to drown out the noise. Once it disappeared against I continued to search the compound. I climbed the rocky path to the apartment I share with my parents but it's locked. I search for my key but it's missing. What the hell is going on?
Then I heard crying. The laughter was gone and replaced by a baby's cries. I ran towards it as fast as I could but when I got close to the sound it stopped and I was, once again, surrounded by silence.
.
.
Erik's POV.
It felt as though someone had sucker punched me in the stomach with a sledge hammer. I was in shock. I could barely breath and my chest was killing me. How could this have happened? It's my own fault. I let her go around on her own. I should have had someone with her 24/7. When I find out who is responsible I'm going to make them wish they were dead.
I looked down at Kraven's still body and gently touched her cheek. Her face was bruised pretty badly but that wasn't even close to the worse injury she had suffered.
"Erik, how is she?" I looked over my shoulder as Zac walked into the room. I was sitting in a chair by Kraven's side and he walked over to stand on her opposite side.
"Same as she was three days ago." I say it with little emotion. I was trying so hard to be strong but I felt like I was failing miserably.
"She is going to pull through. She is the strongest girl I know."
"And what about when she does wake up? How do i... how do I tell her?" I swallow the lump in my throat and look to him for an answer which I know he doesn't have. He stays silent.
.
.
Kraven's POV
"BEEP. BEEP. BEEP! BEEP!!" The beeping was getting louder and I could barely handle it. I closed my eyes tight and covered my ears. When I opened my eyes everything was getting brighter and brighter. I blinked a few times and finally everything adjusted. I could still hear the beeping but now I could see it was coming from a machine that I was hooked up to. I felt something in my left hand and when I looked I saw Erik sitting at my bedside, my hand was in his. I pulled it away and his head snapped up, his eyes were wide.
"You're awake! Oh thank god. Kraven, I've been so worried. How do you feel?" I looked around and felt scared and confused. Why was I in the hospital? Why was Erik sitting by my bed?
"Where are my parents?" I ignored his question. I had my own I needed answered.
"Your dad is in a meeting and your mom just ran home to shower and eat and she was going to come right back. How are you feeling?" He was so concerned but I still couldn't figure out why.
"Why am I here?" When I asked that he raised an eyebrow and looked slightly confused.
"Let me go get the doctor." He was only gone for a minute before coming back in with Dr. Seeburgh, one of the few doctors here in Dauntless.
"Hey Kraven, how are you feeling?" He asked as he looked into my eyes with with a small flash light.
"I don't know. I have some pains but..." I stopped and looked between the two of them. I wasn't comfortable with Eric being here. "I'm not comfortable talking about this in front of him." That gave them both confused looks but Erik almost looked mad.
"Kraven, you're here because you were attacked. You lost the baby."
I looked at the doctor like he was crazy.
"What are you talking about?" I questioned the madman. "What baby?"

AUTHORS NOTE""""""
Please tell me what you think! I'm in my hometown visiting my brother who I haven't seen in a year and half, so I might be slow to update but your comments will help!!