ThirtyFour

When I opened my eyes the next morning I was laying in mine and Eric's bed. His arms were around my waist but his breathing was steady so I knew he was still asleep. I didn't want to move. I didn't want Eric to wake up because I knew that when he did, everything would be back to the wreck it was yesterday. I had already fallen asleep when Eric came to bed and sometime in the night he must have fell in to old habits, holding me close.
As the bed shifts I close my eyes again, knowing that he is awake.
I feel him take a big breath and for a split second he pulls me closer before leaving the bed. I hear him in the shower and I hear him getting dressed but I don't move until I hear the front door shut and lock.
I sit up and try my best to act like things are normal.
I make the bed, brush my teeth, get in the shower... and as soon as the water completely soaks me I feel sick. I jump out of the shower and make it to the toilet just in time, emptying the contents of my stomach.
"Fuck." I brush my teeth and then step back into the shower. Morning sickness, something I didn't miss.

"Are you feeling ok?" Connor asked when I joined him at a table in the Rec.
"Just dandy. Where the hell have you been? I haven't seen you in forever."
"Well some of us actually have to work." He jokes and I just role my eyes. "How are things with Prince Charming?"
"Fabulous." I answer sarcastically and he catches on really quick.
"What's wrong?"
"Connor, I really don't want to talk about it. Let's talk about you. What's new with you?" I asks and his eyes lit up.
"Well I got a girlfriend..."
"Shit up! Who?" If Connor found a girl who could put up with him, I had to know who it is.
"Her name is Carly. She was a transfer when we were initiates."
"I don't think I've actually met her"
"Well you will soon I'm sure. I really like her."
"Connor, I'm so happy for you." I lean over and give him a quick hug. "We will have to get the group together soon and have a dinner or something."
"I think that sounds like a great idea. She met Marlene once, they get along pretty well."
"If Marlene likes her I'm sure I will to."
I know meeting Connor's girlfriend would give me something else to think about and hopefully it would distract me from the current situation.
"We should do it soon. Maybe the end of this week?"
"Yeah I will see if she is available."
"Kraven, do you have a moment?" I looked over my shoulder and saw my dad. I take a deep breath and stand from the table, following him out into the hall.
"What's up dad?"
"Eric came and talked to me this morning." My heart started pounding the moment the words left his mouth.
"He told me you were pregnant." A broad smile forms on his lips and my breath is released. He pulls me into a hug. "Don't worry, Eric told me we were keeping it quiet for now, but he wanted me to know. I'm happy for you Kraven."
I smile up at him and for a moment all the bad leaves my mind as I realize, I am carrying my child. I know I messed up but the important thing now was that I take care of my child.
"Thanks dad. I promise to keep you in the loop. I'll go by and see mom later."
"She would like that."

"So how are you feeling?" My mother set a cup of tea down I front of me and I had to admit, it didn't matter how long you were away from home, a mothers love was always welcoming.
"I'm nervous. A little scared. I don't want the same thing to happen."
She gives me a soft smile and takes a seat across from me.
"You can't think like that though Kraven. You need to stay positive and focus on this pregnancy. You're going to fine. You have a loving and over protective husband who would do anything for you."
"Mom, when you and dad chose Eric, did you know I would love him?"
She lets out a light sigh and smiles.
"I knew he would love you. I hoped that him loving you would open your heart to love him one day. I think I may have been right."
I take her hand on the table and give it a gentle squeeze.
"You were right mom. I love him, so much. Thank you."

Authors note.
I know it's short but I've been updating alot. yes this was a filler.

The new Eric story is called Out From Under! And I also have my Four story, Walls. check me out and tell me what you think:))