Twenty Four

"What the hell is going on!?" I yelled as I got Dr. Seeburgh alone in his office. Leslie was now with Kraven, trying to calm her down. She had no recollection of being pregnant or even married or engaged to me. The last thing she remembered was a week before she found out she had to marry me. So not only did I lose my child, the love of my life doesn't remember loving me. "She was so excited to be a mother! She loved that baby! How is it possible that she doesn't remember anything!?" I wanted answers and I wanted them now.
"Erik, sometimes when a patient suffers from severe trauma their mind with block out any memory of it or anything that has to do with it. Its an unconscious thing they do to protect themselves."
"Well she can't just not remember! It has to be there! She loves me!" I run a hand through my hair as I pace back and forth. "How long till she remembers?"
"There really isn't a way to tell. It could be a day or a year. There could be something that sets it off and it may just come back on its own..." A high pitched scream cuts him off and I'm running out the door before I can even process it. It's Kraven.
I run into her room with the doctor behind me and a nurse running to her side. The blankets were pulled off of her and blood was pooled between her legs. If my heart wasn't already broken, it just shattered.
Tears were running down her face and her eyes were wide with panic.
"Kraven it's ok. This is a normal side effect after having suffered a miscarriage." Dr. Seeburgh tries to reassure her but it only makes things worse.
"No! I wasn't pregnant! I don't remember carrying a baby! How could I just forget?!" She was quickly becoming hostile and it was understandable.
"Sometimes after severe trauma..." He was trying to give her the same talk he gave me.
"Get out!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. "Get out! Get out! Get out!" I wanted to pull her into my arms and let her take her anger out on me but I was quickly dragged out of the room. But before the door shut I heard the glass vase shatter against the wall.
"Get in there and fix her!" Dr. Seeburgh looked at me with regretful eyes.
"It's going to take time for to heal, physically and mentally."
The only think I could do was walk away.
.
.
Kraven's POV.

I felt crazy. I felt as though I was in some kind of terrible nightmare where I was stuck in a glass box all alone and everyone else was in on it. What the hell was going on?
I had an ache in my heart and a sharp pain in my stomach and I knew that they meant something but I was trying so hard to deny it. Maybe I did need to talk to Erik, after all, I've never seen him care about someone the way he was caring about me.
My mom enters the room and sets down a tray of food.
"Can you get Erik?" She looked at me surprised with sad eyes.
"He just left to Erudite. But I'm sure he will be back soon." She pushes the food towards me but I just look away from it. What was Erik doing in Erudite?
.
Erik's POV
"There has to be something you can do!" I was having trouble keeping my voice down but Jeanine Mathews didn't seem to be affected by it.
"So you're telling me, they found her battered and bruised and she had list the baby?" She pauses but I don't say anything. "And what exactly do you think I can do about?"
"Erudite are supposed to be smart and shit! Isn't there something you do? Some kind of.. I don't know!" She simply shook her hand.
"I'm sorry but we aren't capable of pulling her out of this little "trance" she is in."
"That's bullshit." I called her bluff. her left eyebrow raised.
"And what do I get in return?"
"What do you want?" I crossed my arms and I knew at that moment that she was up to something.
"You're a strong leader and people look to you for guidance. If I help you then you need to help me. Its as simple as a little persuasion really. I have an idea of how to get rid of the Divergent's and maybe even Abnegation. But I'll need your help."
"Deal." I shook her hand and knew I had just signed a deal with the devil. I knew I would have to figure out what to do about the Divergent situation but now, I just needed my wife back.

.................................
THOUGHTS?? Please let me know what you think! I'm sorry it took a while to get up, I've been driving across country!

Also!!!! I got a great idea for another Erik story, so let me know if you think I should give it go.