Seven

"Are you sure you're feeling ok?" My father asked and I groaned slightly as I rolled my eyes.
"Dad, I'm fine."
"Eric informed me that you only have one fear. Your mother and I are very proud of you." He gives me an encouraging smile and I send him a small one back. "The final test is in a week. Are you ready?"
"Of course. I'm still ranked number one with Peter and the Stiff close behind."
"Well let's keep it that way. We want you in that leadership position."
"Of course. Can I be excused dad?" I asked him and he nodded. I quickly leave his office and head down to the Rec area to grab some food.
I find a spot between Conner and Uriah with Lynn across from them.
"How is lover boy?" Lynn asked, giving me a wink. She was the only one I told about the kiss and she was surely using it against me.
"I wouldn't really call him a boy. Would you?" I asked with a smirk and she rolled her eyes.
I look around and notice Peter sitting with his goons and his eyes meet mine. He smirks before getting up and walking towards our table. I groan.
"What's wrong?" Uriah asked but then he saw Peter and his question was answered.
"So did you have to fuck your fiancé to get to number one or was it another leader?" Peter asked and my eyes land in his with an icy glare.
"You tell me Peter, I heard you tried to throw Tris off the chasm, is that how you plan to place first? Kill us both?"
His eyes turn dark.
"That wasn't me."
"Bull shit." I say calmly. "Fair warning. I'm not as nice as Tris. If you try to kill me and I live... I'll kill you." I tell him and he shakes his head.
"Watch what you say. Sounds like a threat."
"Oh it is." I tell him with a slight smile.
"Is there a problem here?" We both turned to look at Eric and my friends kept their eyes down and tried to hide their smiles.
"I'm not sure, Peter, is there a problem?" I asked with a smile and he sent me one more glare.
"No sir. no problem."
"Then get back to your seat initiate!" He tells Peter in a stern voice and then he locks his eyes on mine and gives a nod towards the exit. I quickly stand up and take my leave down the hall. "Care to explain?" He asked and I noticed the small smile he had hidden while in front of everyone.
"Peter thought he could scare me into submission but I told him if he tries to kill me then I'll kill him. He didn't like that too much." I explained and Eric crossed him strong arms and shook his head, his smile faltering.
"Are you trying to start problems?"
"Well I wouldn't say I started them."
"Well you have one more week till all this over and then a week till we are married." He said and I pretended to gag, making him smile. He goes to walk away but I speak up.
"Hey Eric?" He turns back around to face me. I have been thinking about the final  test and I've realized that there is only one way to face my fear. "What if I needed to tell you something but I wasn't sure how you would react. What if I was scared?"
He smiles and it makes me nervous, "Kraven there isn't anything you could say that would change how I feel." he steps closer to me and places his lips on mine. I love the feeling it gives me and I quickly kiss back. His hands settle on my waist and my arms wrap around his neck and I find myself pulling him closer. He deepens the kiss and I shock myself by letting out a moan. I feel him smirk against my lips and I push him away and roll my eyes. But then I remember what started the kiss and a frown comes to my face. “Kraven, what’s wrong?” He asked and pulled away far enough to get a good look at me but close enough to keep his hands on my waist.

          “I meant what I asked you.”

          “And I meant what I said. I know that this started as an arranged marriage but that’s not it anymore Kraven. I do care about you and I do love you. I know I don’t express my feelings enough and that’s just the way I am. But I’ll tell you right now, that I do love you. You and your smart mouth.” He says with a smile and I smile back.

          “I love you to.” I tell him and he kisses my forehead.

          “Now what is it that you need to tell me?” His eyes held so much care in them, more than I had ever seen and I knew in my heart that he loved, but could I really tell him the truth?

          “Eric! There you are.” We quickly pulled away from each other as Max walked around the corner. “No need to be shy. You two will be married soon.” He says with a smile and then turns to Eric. “Can we have a word?” He asked and Eric nodded and they both looked at me.

          “I’ll talk to you later.” I tell him and he gives me a swift nod before I turn to walk away and I hear Max say something to him.

          “It looks like you and your fiancé are getting pretty close.”

          “She is going to be my wife. A good man loves his wife. What did you need Max?” I walk out of ear shot with a smile on my face. But I was still at a cross roads when it came to finding out what to do. I quickly make my way to Four’s apartment. I’m pretty sure I know what he would say but I have to ask anyways.

I knock on his door and it doesn’t take him long to answer.

          “Hey Kraven, what can I do for you?” He asked, seaming a little nervous.

          “I need to talk to you about Eric.” I say and push past him, letting myself in through the door.

          “Can it wait?”

          “Not really.” I walked further in and then stopped. Standing there by the bed was Tris. “Oh…”

          “Hey Kraven…” She says awkwardly and I nod.

          “Well then.”

          “What did you need to talk about Krave?” He asked me, crossing his arms over his chest.

          “I think I’m going to tell him the depth of my fear. It’s the only way to face it.”

          “You can’t do that!” He stays sternly and moves closer to me. “He will kill you!”

          “No he won’t! He loves me!”

          “He doesn’t love you Kraven! Your marriage is arranged!” He yells at me and I can’t stop my palm from connecting with his cheek. I hear Tris grasp but I can’t even bring myself to care that she is there.

          “You know nothing four!”

          “I know you’re going to get yourself killed!” He argues as I run out the door. How could he say that? Was he right? Was loving my fiancé going to kill me?

.

.

.

.

.

HEY GUYS! QUICK NOTE! I know that this seams to be going pretty quickly! It's because their 'real' story starts after initiation is over! So bare with me:) comments and votes make me write faster!