Two

I quickly make my way home and once again I see Eric talking to my Dad at the kitchen table.

"Are you two best friends now or something?" I asked and they both looked at me. My dad chose to ignore my statement.

"How was your test?" He asked.

"I got Amity." I told him and my dad rolled his eyes while Eric let out a small laugh. "Just kidding. I'm Dauntless, like it's even a question. The serum made me a little sick but Four gave me something for it when I got back." I told them and I see Eric's eyes seem to glaze over with either jealousy or hatred. They really didn't get along.

"We need to talk to you about something. I was going to wait for your mother but I think now is a good time." He says and motions for me to take a seat at the table. I do so and notice how Eric sits up a little bit straighter. "You're mother and I have set up a marriage for you." He says and my heart stops. While it really wasn't that uncommon for Dauntless parents to arrange marriages, I was still in shock. If Dauntless didn't set up some marriages, then most people would end up single for life and never reproduce. It's just how Dauntless was. But I never thought I would be one of those. I never imagined that I'd be forced to get married. "Kraven. Did you hear me?" He asked and I looked him the eye, giving him a small nod.

"To who?" I asked and my dad looked to Eric. I looked at the strong Dauntless leader in front of me. Two studs above his eyebrow, tattoos down his neck and forearms. He was by far one of the scariest men in Dauntless, people have coward at his feet, shit even I had cowered there once. He was ruthless. He had no emotions. No wonder the marriage was set up, if it hadn't been, he would never have wife or be able to produce the best off spring possible for Dauntless. "Eric." I say and my dad nods his head and Eric's cruel eyes meet mine. "No." I say and my father's head snaps to me.

"Excuse me?" He asked, becoming angry.

"No! I won't do it!" I say and then look to Eric. "I'm sorry but no. You don't want to marry me Eric. You hate me! You hate everyone!" I tell him and then stand up, backing away from the table.

"Kraven Renae Collins sit down!" My dad says loudly just as my mother walks in the door.

"What's going on?" She asked and I looked to her with sad eyes.

"How could you do this to me?" I asked her and she frowns at me then my father.

"Couldn't you have waited until I was here to tell her?" She asked and my father stood up quickly.

"No! Now Kraven sit down!" He yells again and I do as I'm told but I keep my eyes on my hands. "You are going to marry Eric and that's final! The engagement will be announced tonight at dinner. And don't even think about choosing another faction. You'll become Factionless if you don't marry him." My father told me. And I feel my mother's hand on my shoulder but I shake it off.

"Can I go now?" I asked and he looked at my mother before nodding. I quickly stand and head out the door, but someone follows me.

"Kraven." I hear Eric's voice and I inwardly groan as I stop and turn around.

"I'm not going to choose another faction if that's what you're worried about." I say crossing my arms and he smirks.

"I know you wouldn't chose anything but Dauntless." He says and I nod. "For the record, I don't hate you."

"No, just everything else in the world." I say and he lets out a small laugh.

"You think you know everything Kraven, when in reality, you don't know shit." He says and I shrug.

"Well I guess marriage is a learning experience." I bite back.

"I'm not saying you'll love me, but you'll learn to like me or deal with it." He says sternly.

"Oh don't worry husband dearest! After the wedding I just can't wait to have your children and raise them and clean up after you. Oh the joy of it all!" I say sarcastically. "Are we done here?" I ask him shortly.

"Tonight when the announcement is made, you need to act happy. I mean it Kraven, they better think you're jumping with joy."

"Oh I'll be jumping but it won't be with joy." I say and he grabs my arm giving me a warning glare. "Don't worry. I'll make them all think we are madly in love and that we've been dating in secrecy. Happy?" I asked and he just lets me go.

I quickly make my way back to Four's and pray that he hasn't left for dinner yet. I bang on the door and he answers it. I push past him and let myself inside.

"What's wrong?" He asked, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms.

"I'm getting married to Eric." I say and his eyes go wide.

"What?!" He yells and I nod. "That's bullshit! I don't... I don't even know what to say." He says and runs a hand through his hair. "Fuck, Kraven I'm sorry." He looks at me with sad eyes and then I notice I'm crying. I wipe a tear and he pulls me into a tight hug. "It will be ok. I'll be here for you, you know that." He says and I nod my head.

"We should get to dinner. They are going to make the announcement and I have to look happy." I tell him with a frown and he gives me a small smile.

"You act happy and you can have my cake." He says and I look at him shocked.

"But you love your cake!" I say, finally smiling and he nods.

"Yeah but I love you more." He says, "You know you're like my little sister." He says and I nod. He was very closed off with most people but with me he opened up. "Come on. Let's go." He says and opens the door for me. When we get to the cafeteria we split off and he goes one direction and I go another. I get to my table and take a seat next to Lynn and Uriah.

"Hey, are you feeling better?" Connor asked and I gave him a nod and a smile, remembering that I was supposed to seam happy.

"So who is excited to see the transfers tomorrow?" Marlene asked and we all started speaking at once, a very bad habit of ours. I let them talk about it and fill my plate.

"I wonder who will be transferring out." I state and Lynn shrugs.

"Probably Robert. And of course Kyle will stay. He hates your guts Kraven so there is no way he would leave and let you take leadership without a fight."

"Oh there will be a fight!" I say and they laugh.

Cups start hitting the tables and we join in and look up to see Max

"Quiet!" He calls and we all go silent. "Tomorrow is a very special day! Many of you will be going to the choosing ceremony and most of you will be coming back." He says and we cheer again before quieting down. "I know you will all make the best choice. Dauntless is the best of the best and you know whether or not you have what it takes. We have one more announcement." He says and I take a deep breath as my dad steps up to the railing and Eric is next to him.

"I am proud to announce the engagement of my daughter Kraven to Dauntless' youngest leader Eric!" He calls out and everyone cheers except my close friends who look at me shocked. I put a smile on my face and accept the congratulations I'm getting. I look up at my now Fiancé and he gives me a small grin. I give him one back.