Fourty

"I thought of a name." I told Eric as he got dressed for the day.

"Did you now? What is it?" He stopped to look at me and I smiled.

"Arielle. Arielle Mathewson." I tell him and even he can't hide the grin that comes to his lips.

"I love it Kraven. That is a beautiful name."

"I'm glad you love it because so do I." My hand was resting on my stomach and he came over to kiss it. I was getting big now and I couldn't be happier with how well I was doing with the pregnancy. I was currently at seven months and soon I would be bringing our little girl into the world.

My smile turns into a frown as Lynn pops into my head. "Do you really think Lynn would say something to the leaders while I'm pregnant?"

"I don't know Kraven, but I'm not taking any chances. If you have anything left you want to say to her, do it today. Because it's her last." He turns away to put on his boots but I start to feel emotional.

Lynn has been one of my best friends since we were born. Why would she turn on me? Faction before blood. And we weren't even blood. I had hoped she was loyal to me but I was completely wrong.

I slipped my boots on and followed Eric to the rec. I was starving but I had  nothing  even close to an appetite. I knew I had to eat so I decided on some eggs and toast. I start nibbling on my food with Eric next to me when Connor quickly took the seat in front of us. He looked worried and stressed out.

"Connor, what's wrong?"

"It's Lynn... Kraven she I heard her talking about you. She told me that you are a d..." He stops and looks around. "You know you are one of my best friends and I couldn't care less what you are. But she is going to get you killed."

"Who else has she told?" Eric asked him and Connor seemed to have just realized he was there.

"No one that I know of, but I can't be sure. It won't be long till she tells Marlene or even Uriah." I could tell Connor was scared and I couldn't help but feel bad that he was drug into this.

"I want you to go to the apartment and wait there till I get you." He turns to Conor. "Go with her. Don't open the door for anyone but me." But I stopped him.

"Eric please let me talk to her one last time." I begged him, "Please..."

"Make it fast Kraven, I mean it."

I nod and hurry to find the girl I once called my best friend. I knocked on her door and she answered, looking confused at the site of me and Connor a few feet away.

"What's going on?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I heard what you told Connor." I told her and her eyes seamed to widen.

"I can't believe you never told me." She seamed hurt but that was ridiculous! I was the one whose life was ultimately in danger.

"Why would I? So you could throw me to sharks quicker?" I bit back and then she seamed angry.

"It would have been different."

"No it wouldn't have. You're just trying to justify your actions. We were best friend Lynn... Don't don't do this." I was trying to give her one more chance but it wasn't working.

"I'm doing what's right."

I didn't have as much to say to her as I thought I would. I turn my back on her and hurry towards Connor. I hear Lynn slam the door but I don't look back.

"Kraven, what the hell is going on?" Connor asked once we were in the apartment with the door locked.

"Do you really want me to say it? I'm sure you could guess." I told him and he sits on the couch, running a hand through his short hair.

"Maybe it would be better if you didn't say it." He adds and we both agreed that it was for the best. "Do I want to know what Eric is going to do?" He questioned again but then time I just gave him a look and he seemed to get it.

Eric's POV

I didn't want to kill her. I didn't want to bring people harm but Kraven was my number one concern. I wouldn't risk her losing the baby or let any harm come to her, not again.

I knew the areas where the cameras didn't have any access. I'd be using that to my advantage.

I spotted Lynn by herself and followed her for a while until I knew  I was in the clear.

I grabbed her from behind and pulled her close to my chest. One of my hands was on her neck and the other was covering her screams.

I put all my strength into it as I twisted her head to an unnatural angle. It quickly let off a snap sound and I let her fall to the ground. Lucky for me, there was a cliff right before the camera's line of sight. I picked her body up and tossed her off.

As I walked away I heard the scream of the people below. I wouldn't risk losing the only thing I loved and I would kill again if I had to in order to keep her safe.

I hope you guys forgive me for taking months to update now that I'm being quicker!! Please give me your thoughts as well as ideas for an ending if you have them!!

Also some of you read my other Eric story, I've also started uploading that again, as well as my original fiction "of Monster and Men" check them out!