Chapter One: Meeting the Mad Dog

Warning: This is not an ordinary magic power story. Or... Idk.

-chapter one-

Itinagilid ko ang ulo habang tinititigan ang napakalaking establisyemento na nasa harapan. The outer walls were painted in white and gold. The majestic gate, slightly covered by some vines, hides the buildings of the academy.

Napatingin ako sa langit. The sky was a clear blue with clouds appearing every now and then. Pinapasigla nito ang tahimik na gubat kung saan nakatayo ang academy. Hmm... for a prestigious academy to hide in the middle of the forest, ability-users are really treated like monsters, huh? They really want to isolate us.

"Kel, look! I'm glowing!"

Napatingin ako sa may-ari ng boses. A short girl with black locks streaked in green was looking at the trees with excitement. Her dress stopped just before it reached her knees, at nakasuot siya ng doll shoes. Two bracelets dangled in her wrist. A leafy headband in her head. Naningkit ang mata ko nang may dumaang insekto at umatras siya.

Katabi niya ang isang mataas na lalaki. His hair is blonde with curly ends. In contrast to the girl's excitement, he looks bored and bothered. His dark brown eyes are set in a glare and he looks ready to fight. Oddly, he seemed to be putting most of his weight to his right feet. Nakabenda din ang kaliwang braso and from where I stand, I could see a small patch of bandage in his exposed collarbone. Bruised and wounded? Napasali ba siya sa isang away?

Or... is it something to do with his ability?

Hindi ko ipinakita ang gulat sa mukha nang dumaan ang mata niya sa gawi ko at nanatili doon. The boy then glared at me with full intensity. Kumurap ako. Umirap siya at nag-iwas ng tingin bago kinausap ang kasama.

Wow, ang suplado naman.

"Tch! Halika na nga, Ana! Pumasok na tayo sa pesteng academy na 'yan!" galit niyang saad at hinatak ang kasama papunta sa gate.

Hm. He looks and acts like a rabid dog. His voice sounded deep and a bit hoarse, na para bang sa galit niya lang ito ginagamit. What a short-tempered beast.

Better avoid crossing paths with him. I don't want some untamed beast ruining my plans.

Nawala silang dalawa kasabay ng pagsara ng gate. Huminga ako ng malalim at binalak na sundan sila papasok sa panibago kong eskwelahan. Or better yet, the first school I would really be stepping on. Ngunit bago ko pa iyon magawa ay may bumangga sa'kin.

A boy, possibly the same age as mine, stood behind me looking ashamed. The darker his long and unkempt hair is, the brighter his red cheeks are. Nang magtama ang mata namin ay bigla siyang napatalon at nag-iwas ng tingin. Then he muttered a series of incomprehensible apologies before running towards the gate. Sinundan ng mata ko ang bawat galaw niya. He must be shy around other people, especially of opposite genders.

"Oh? What are you still doing outside? Not excited to start the academy life~?"

Two newcomers arrived bago ulit ako makapasok sa academy. I have no idea if this is luck that I'm already meeting people before I stepped inside the school. O talagang may special power na nagp-prevent sa'kin na pumasok. Pun not intended.

Isang babae at isang lalaki ang nakatingin sa'kin. Abot sa dibdib ang itim na buhok ng babae. Two set of crystal hairclips glinted in her hair. Her faint red-colored eyes were filled with mirth as she stared at me, arms crossed. From her clothes and her posture, she must come from a rich family. Her bag is from a worldwide known brand. Though, I'm curious as to why the back of her right palm is bandaged. Most rich kids avoids getting their pretty skin harmed and scarred.