Chapter Two: The Prestigious Praeditus Academy

-chapter two-

'You stupid, rabid dog. The next time I see you, I'm gonna skin you alive.'

Isang maliit na kwarto ang bumungad sa'kin. Tamang-tama lang ang laki nito para sa isang desk, kung saan nakaupo ang isang babae, at isang malaking aircon na nasa kabilang parte ng kwarto. Between the aircon and the desk was a steel door.

The woman gestured at the chair and I offered her a smile before sitting down. Naningkit ang mata ko sa suot niya. Kahit na nakaon ang aircon ay hindi talaga ramdam ang lamig sa loob ng kwarto, the hot weather clearing away the cold, kaya bakit nakabundle ang katawan ng babae sa iba't ibang sweaters. Siguro weak ang constitution niya? O sensitive lang talaga siya sa cold?

"Is everything okay, Miss?" tanong niya nang tumagal ang titig ko.

Nakangiti akong tumango. "I'm only admiring the clock behind you. It's gorgeous."

Napalingon siya't isang ngiti ang lumitaw sa labi nang makita ang tinutukoy ko. I wasn't lying. The clock behind her was truly gorgeous. Intricately designed in gold and antique crystals. Even the slight ticking sound it makes was very satisfying.

"My grandmother gave it to me. Anyway," muli siyang tumingin sa'kin. "I'm Miss Em. I'll be taking down your basic information and you'll go inside that room. The room will then scan and identify your ability, at doon mo rin malalaman ang collar mo."

Could it be why isa-isa rin ang pag-admit ng mga students? The walls of the room seemed thick and soundproof. The wall that divided this and the inner room was also guarded. They really were keeping our abilities a secrecy.

"Oh? You won't be there po to check sa ability scanning?"

Umiling siya. "The administration believes that our abilities are a part of us. That it is our soul. And it would be inappropriate to ask our students to bare their souls, unless intended."

Her use of words did not escape my ears. She pertained to ability-users as us, which either means mayroon siya or she's using this to gain the student's approval. I can't help but suspect, since I doubt the government would let a school they abhor be governed by ability-users.

Sigurado akong may ilalagay silang mga ordinaryong tao dito.

Tsaka kahit na gano'n, it will be inputted in the school data. Kung talagang totoo ang confidentiality na sinasabi nila, then no one must be able to access those datas other than the Headmaster.

Tumango ako. "That's a relief. Pero, ano po 'yong collar? I saw it in the invitation but I have no idea what it means."

"We call it collars but it's actually just wristbands." mahina siyang tumawa. "It's to control your abilities. It has six colors in total. First, the blue collar which are given for abilities that are perfectly controlled and has no risk of berserking. Ito din ang collar ng abilities na hindi naman talaga harmful. Such as intellectual or mental abilities that focuses on support and information.

The green collar are given to abilities that tackles life in nature, and can be perfectly controlled. For example, nurturing plants or growing them. Pwede din ang kakayahan na makipag-usap sa mga hayop.

The yellow collar are given to abilities that focuses on inanimate objects. Pwede dito ang telekinesis or manipulating the weather. Kagaya ng previous collars, kaya rin kontroling mabuti ng estudyante ang ability nila.

The orange collar goes for any ability-using students that can't perfectly control their powers. May history sila nang pagkawala ng control dito or talagang mahirap pa itong itame.