Chapter Ten: Curses for Monsters, Gifts for the Fortunate

-chapter ten-

"Looks like we got lucky."

Rachel gaped at the result. H-How can that be? Sigurado siyang pinalit niya ang eraser sa left cup! She can teleport any inanimate objects at will, basta nakita niya na ito earlier and can identify where to move it. Kaya nga niya sinipa ang lalaki, para malaman kung saan ba talaga sa dalawang cups ang eraser.

Rachel knows that the Raskell girl is smart. Hindi ito ang tipo ng taong bubuksan lang ang bibig. She observes and studies people. And with the right expression and words, she can manipulate them. At mukhang wala din itong konsensiya sa paggamit ng ibang tao.

Serena picked the right cup because she had the same observations as Rachel. Although, Rachel was confident because she can change the eraser whenever she wants. Kailangan lang mauna ng kalaban.

Kaya bakit... bakit nandoon pa rin ito sa dati?

Inilipat niya ang tingin kay Serena. Kinakausap nito ang lalaking partner. Or are they arguing? They seemed to be butting heads.

It's a pity. Rachel likes teasing the boy because he gives satisfying reactions. Totoo din namang napakagwapo nito kahit na mukhang may balak itong patayin lahat ng taong makakasalamuha.

That Serena Raskell is a huge mystery, though. At first glance, she looked easy to read, but she's actually very closed off. Malaki ang posibilidad na mali ang mga assumptions mo sa kaniya. Rachel frowned. Could it be that the girl did bluff? Not about the erasers and the cups, but about her ability?

The game continued. Students with far superior ability wins. Students at disadvantage faced a loss or tried to blindly guess. Lingid sa kaalaman nila na ang bawat galaw nila ay pinag-aaralan at inaalala ng isang estudyante.

Mikhael straightened when Ana and Akiru sat at the table. They're the second-to-the-last duo. May ibang estudyante from the other sections na nanonood na rin mula sa bintana.

Sinulyapan ni Mikhael ang katabing babae. Kanina pa ito tahimik. It's not like the annoying woman always talks, but the way she hides her mouth in her hands is troubling. Parang isa ito sa mga panahon kung saan gumagana ang evil means niya. Isa sa mga panahon kung saan may pinaplano naman ang witch.

Nakatitig si Serena sa mesa kung saan nakaupo si Ana at Akiru. They must be at a disadvantage because their abilities isn't really compatible with the game. So they can just guess.

From the corner of her eye, she saw Ms. President stop by the window. Nakatingin ito sa loob ng classroom. Ms. President's eyes scanned the room. Their eyes briefly met before it landed on the table.

As expected, Ana and Akiru blindly made a guess. Mukhang gano'n din ang ginawa ng opposing duo because they both ended in a draw. Both partners got the cup wrong.

The last match, however, was interesting.

"My ability can put you at a disadvantage." Meredith announced, pushing her glasses up. She was the student who asked the first question earlier. "It's called See Through. The name explains it all. I can see through anything even if it's blocked."

Natigilan ang lahat. In this game of guessing, that's truly cheating.

"So, I'll give you the chance to pick first. My partner's skill is physical so he can't move or teleport the object." anito at iginiya ang katabi. "I already know where the eraser is placed, but that'll be boring. So..."

Meredith rested her chin in her hand as she stared at her opponents. She had the air of someone who knows they will remain a victor. Magkahalong takot at inis ang namuo sa mga mukha ng kaaway niya. Naiinsulto sila sa ginagawa at sinabi ng babae.