Chapter Forty-Six: A Game to Bet Them All

-chapter forty-six-

"I got you again, Serena."

I was frozen.

Leviathon stepped out and his sword was cleanly placed just a hair from my throat. One wrong move and my neck's gonna be split open.

Not to mention that if I ever escape his blade, over ten guns are also aimed at me. I'd drop dead, especially since I'm saving my ability. It would be so easy if this chip's gone. If so, then I can control time however I want.

But, no, they had to be jealous of my ability.

"You motherfucking piece of shit! Bitawan mo si Serena!"

Everyone stilled at Mad Dog's thundering snarl. Bahagyang nanginig ang pagkakahawak ng mga tao sa baril. Who wouldn't be afraid of a snarling beast? I don't have to turn around to know that Kahel's clenching his jaw and fists.

Lumipat ang tingin ni Leviathon sa lalaking nasa likuran. Umangat ang isang kilay niya at tinitigan niya ang lalaki na parang nasa pinakababa ito.

"Ah." he muttered. "The feral student and your partner, Serena. I believe he's your, I forgot the word, rodent?"

Umirap ako. "He reminds me of an adorable golden retriever and not of you, Leviathon."

The corner of his lips tugged upwards. Iniba niya ang posisyon ng hawak na espada. The tip of the blade touched the bottom of my chin and he tipped it upwards, our eyes meeting.

"Aha. I'm a rodent?"

Nanatili akong nakatingala sa kaniya. Stupid boys and their stupid heights when I'm more skilled than them.

"Much more worse." I spit out. "You're a devil."

"Only to monsters like you, flower. I don't want you growing any more than the beast you already are."

"I always knew you feared me-"

My words died down in my tongue when he pushed the blade closer to my skin. I felt the small trickle of blood. Leviathon's finger touched my neck and a red liquid coated his finger.

"Fucking get your hands off her." Keian dangerously growled, voice low and threatening.

Sinagot sila ni Leviathon ng isang ngisi. Itinaas nito ang kamay. He licked the blood off his fingers, all the while maintaining an eye contact towards the two. A vicious growl filled with curses rang in the air.

Pinigilan ko ang pag-ikot ng mata. Damn boys and their damn egos.

While Leviathon was distracted, I used the time to take a step back and flick his blade out. Mabilis na nakabawi si Leviathon, he turned the sword around to aim a slash towards me. Itinaas ko ang kutsilyo na hawak-hawak para idepensa sa bawat atake niya. The armored guards shifted in their feets, ready to fire.

Nang sumulyap ako sa likod ay nakita kong nakatitig din sa laban ang dalawang kasama ko. They couldn't move because of the guns surrounding them.

I ducked and twisted the knife to punch the hilt into Leviathon's face. His head snapped left at the force and blood coated his lips. I smirked.