Wildflower - Geralt of Rivia

It was quiet in the town of Whitvein

It was quiet in the town of Whitvein. In the sky above a full moon shone brightly, illuminating the streets where the lights from the castle didn't quite reach. Inside the impressive piece of architecture, a party to celebrate this summer's harvest had just begun, the noblemen and women and the royal family all in their finest of suits and dresses, drinking and laughing it up.

In the back corner, a man with hair of white and eyes of amber, the famous Witcher himself, Geralt of Rivia, stood. His eyes peered around the room bored. He didn't care much for the royal festivities. But his interest did peak as he spotted a lonely girl out on the balcony away from everyone else.
The very distinctive crown of white flowers on her head of auburn hair was a dead giveaway as he instantly recognized her as the princess of Whitvein herself, Cybil.

She looked divine bathed in the silvery moonlight.

Geralt slowly got up, and pushed through the loud crowd of people without being stopped once or even noticed.
The men where too caught up in the women, and the women where too caught up fanning themselves to not faint in their tightly tied corsets.

"Shouldn't you be inside?" Geralt questioned as he reached the princess.
Cybil turned around briefly to see who'd approached her before she looked back up at the night sky. "I like it better out here where it's quiet. Besides, my corset is already making it hard to breathe, I don't see why I should tempt fate by going in there where the air is thicker than the soup we were served for the entreé." She replied to him simply, "–I don't think we've met before, who are you?"

"Geralt, of Rivia."

"The infamous Witcher, right? The butcher of Blaviken or something?" The male sighed but gave her a court nod to let her know that she was indeed right. "I would ask you for your name as well, but I'm afraid I already know it, your highness."

"Hm, a Witcher in a castle, not here on job but as a guest, as far as I can see by your choice of clothing at least. You're not exactly a regular Witcher, are you, Geralt of Rivia?" Cybil deduced with a glint of curiosity in her eyes. "Well you're not just a regular princess either, as far as I can tell?" He said, raising a brow at her. The wolf medallion hanging against his chest humming softly as he watched her.

"Answer my question and I shall answer yours." She smirked her amber almost golden eyes gleaming at him with a hint of mischief.

"I was invited here as a guest of your father, the king, he's an old friend of mine. We met back when I was hired to slay a pair of kelpies who'd plagued your city's river for months, killing the children who fared too close to the riverbed." Geralt told her as he walked over and leant against the balcony railing beside her.

"Sounds like quite the tale. I would love to hear it some time, if you'd like to tell it? But first, a promise made is a promise to be kept, as true for a princess as it is a peasant. So let me tell you my secret, Geralt of Rivia.." She told him, leaning in close, her voice dropping to a low seductive whisper. "I have chaos running through my veins."

~

This is the first little introduction to my new Witcher short-story. If you want more please give it a little vote and drop a comment:) it means a lot!