2. A Dungeons & Dragons character backstory.

Mousefolk - Rogue, Arcane trickster.

Pippin (Pip) Braveheart
(Of Meadowgard)
Fey touched.
-

In a world mirroring ours, where magic runs wild. That is where our hero's story ends and their new one begins.
In the Feywild.

Deep in its' forests grows a tree, made of the same stuff as dreams. A trunk so thick it'll take you a days travel to walk around it, and so tall that it's highest branches kisses the clouds with its ever-green leafs.

This tree is known as the Meadowgard.

In our world, a tree just like it grows.. except its' trunk and branches are made of tree and the leafs of leaf.
And although it stands tall and impressive compared to other tress, the tallest twig doesn't even come close to touching the sky or kissing any clouds.
Our tree is known as Softpaw.

Both trees are home to the teeny Mousefolk.
You will rarely find them anywhere else in the world, as the two trees, especially Meadowgard, are big enough to be a whole world for them to live and die in.

It is even said that only a very few Mousefolk has ever traveled the entirety of the two trees in their lifetime.

The Mousefolk is a very rare race who mostly keeps to themselves and by nature are good-hearted and fierce.
Our story, is about Pippin.

Pippin was born in Softpaw, ten years before The Carnage.
They grew up as all other Mousefolk do and at age 5 they left home a full grown mouse to see the rest of what Softpaw had to offer.
By the age of 8, Pippin had become a skilled rogue, training with the royal guards of Softpaw. And by the age of 10, The Carnage took everything from them.
It was a great loss in the world of Mousefolk, as the entirety of Softpaw fell by the claws of a nasty band of buzzards who tore the tree apart, killing any mouse in their way.

Only a few, extremely lucky, Mousefolk escaped through portal that day to their brethren in the Feywild.
Pippin fought tooth and claw with the rest of the royal army, and when they came to Meadowgard, they were given official knighthood by the queen of the Mousefolk.

Haunted by what they had experienced the day of The Carnage and destroyed by survivors guilt, Pippin decided, as one of the first Mousefolk ever, to leave Meadowgard, and take their revenge.

One, monster at a time.

-

At campaign start, it is about 5 years since Pippin left Meadowgard.
So they are approximately 16 years of age.