Teen Wolf ft. Hoe, just add water?

💧

"Cause I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from the deep blue underworld. Land or sea, I've got the power if I just believe."

💧

Sawyer was born on a rainy summer day in the United States of America, at Beacon Hills hospital in Beacon County, California. Her mother's hometown. However, her father's job required him to travel a lot, and therefore the small family had to move away shortly after Sawyer's first birthday.

The family moved around to different states within the US at first, then stayed in some countries in Europe and Africa for a while before shortly staying in Thailand and thereafter moving to Australia and New Zealand, never staying more than a year or two in each country.

With all of the moving around, Sawyer was mostly homeschooled by her mother or attended online classes since it was simply easier than constantly enrolling her into new schools.
Sawyer didn't care much for the social aspect of school either way, since she often found children her own age a bit immature and often very conceited and concerned with very superficial things such as what brand of clothes were in that season or who were friends with who.

Of course Sawyer's parents were concerned by the fact that their baby-girl had no friends her own age and didn't seem distressed or unhappy with it at all.
The thing was, Sawyer enjoyed being alone. She loved talking to nature and having an animal be her best friend. She enjoyed reading books and disappearing into fantasy worlds filled with magic and adventure. She loved getting lost while exploring and acting like the main character in some fairytale.
Some would probably think Sawyer's behaviour to be childish. But in truth most people she met on her way, were simply jealous of her imagination and wanderlust.

However, this had all changed in a very short amount of time.
It happened the day Sawyer's parents broke the news to her that her dad had decided to quit his job and that they were considering moving back to her mother's hometown in the states as soon as the firm would let him go.
Sawyer had been out exploring, as she always did in her spare time, when a big storm had suddenly hit.
Clever as she was, Sawyer sought refuge in an abandoned grotto she'd stumbled upon in the forest a couple days earlier, deciding it was the perfect hideout.
As soon as she deemed herself safe from the raging storm outside, she'd quickly sent her parents a text saying that she'd found shelter and was alright before she started exploring her new surroundings.

Sawyer had quickly discovered that the cave went far deeper than she'd initially thought and that it somehow connected to the ocean or some other salty body of water. Surprisingly the small underground pond didn't seem to be bothered by the weather outside at all. It's crystal blue waters we're instead calm and inviting.
Sawyer had no doubt after dipping a finger that it was somehow connected to a hot spring somewhere, which made perfect sense considering the entire cave was made of lava stone.

Sawyer spent most of her time waiting the storm out by reading a new book she'd just downloaded on her phone. It was yet another fantasy novel, this time about Druids and their ancient magic, granted to them by nature. It was written almost like a history book, and Sawyer found herself quickly imagining what this boring world would be like if it'd actually been true.

Probably less boring, she concluded and huffed, clearly amused by herself.

Sawyer's daydreaming had been interrupted by her phone ringing. "Hello?" She'd answered it without looking at the caller-ID.
"Hi Sawyer, it's mom. The storm has calmed a bit here, how is it looking where you are?"

Sawyer looked out and frowned slightly. "It's cleared up, the only water dripping is from the trees." She could hear her mother sigh relieved on the other end of the line. "Alright honey, dad and I have to talk to you about something exciting, are you thinking of heading home soon?"

Sawyer cast a quick glance down at her wristwatch. "Not really, but I guess I can make a change of plans. What's for dinner?" She could almost hear the amused smile on her mother's voice as she replied. "Calamari, and your dad is whipping up a salad right as we speak."

Sawyer had always loved food, which was probably something she did because of how much she'd moved around. She'd tasted most of the world's cuisine and she always adored experiencing new flavours, and then she wasn't shy when it came to stepping into the kitchen herself either. Cooking could be almost as fun as going on adventure sometimes. Especially if her dad was there cooking with her.

"Sounds good, I'll see you in an hour or so." Sawyer replied as she mentally began preparing herself to get up and head back home. "Alright, see you then sweetie."

As soon as her mom had hung up, Sawyer had returned her phone to her jacket pocket and pushed herself off of the stone floor. "Ouch." Sawyer had hissed and then silently cursed as she looked down at her hand where a red line across her palm was quickly filling with blood. She'd looked to the stone floor in betrayal before she'd headed to the cave-lake and dipped her hand to rinse the wound.

At that moment she hadn't noticed anything but the burning in her palm from the small injury, and had simply went home without giving it another thought. But when she later sat in the bathtub in her bathroom, with a big fish tail instead of legs, scales and all, she'd remembered how the water around her wounded hand had been bubbling, almost sizzling, and mixing with her blood in a very beautiful way, now seeming more discerning than beautiful really though.

And since that day, Sawyer never called the real world boring again.

💧