Glee II

A couple of days later Quinn's pregnancy was all over the school's newspaper and everyone knew.
Amelia wasn't surprised that someone had found out and told that little, perverted paparazzi mole who ran the weekly school newspaper, but she did somehow feel bad for the picture perfect mean-girl.

Amelia hadn't had anymore unfortunate or badly timed run-ins with any of the three people involved in the baby drama. She didn't feel bad about knowing what was really going on either. Sure she was sorry for that quarterback guy Finn who still thought he was the father, but she didn't think it was her place to tell him. She didn't even know the guy.

"Amelia!"

The brunette stopped as Mr. Schue stuck his head out of his office as she walked by. "Hi Mr. Schue?"

"Would you come into my office, I just want to talk about something real quick." Amelia nodded and quietly walked into his office where she sat down. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Brad, the glee club's pianist has called in sick today, I was just hoping that maybe you could fill in for him?" Amelia shook her head softly. "I'm sorry, but I don't think that's a good idea Mr. Schue."

"Please. You're the only one good enough to take his place." Will Schuester begged, but Amelia had decided. "I can't."

"..Well, if you change your mind, we'll be in the choir room from 3.30 pm and until 5."

And so, Amelia stood in front of the choir room at 3.30 pm sharp after school, cursing herself for breaking all her promises to herself about staying invisible and abandoning all principles of not joining any clubs.

Not knowing whether she should knock or just walk in, Amelia just stood there awkwardly for a couple of seconds before she finally decided on knocking.

"Amelia! Hey." She was greeted by an enthusiastic Mr. Schuester. "–Everyone, this is Amelia Cain. She's our pianist while Brad is sick."

Amelia wanted to dig herself a grave to hide in as she met the glaring eyes of Quinn Fabray. "Freak." The blonde coughed quietly under her breath making Amelia wince.

Mr. Schuester looked incredulously at Quinn.

"Hey!" Amelia looked over, surprised at his angry voice. She hadn't expected him to say anything. "–We don't call people freaks in here because of their handicaps. You should know better than anyone Quinn, that everyone is welcome, and that we respect each other here in Glee Club." Quinn looked confused at Mr. Schuester before Noah the jock stood up and walked over to Amelia.

"Show them your ear thing." He said clearly referring to her hearing aid. Amelia hesitantly, but quickly, did as said and pulled her hair behind her ear so the others could see it. "–She's deaf."
Noah said giving Quinn a meaningful look that made her sit back in her chair looking a bit embarrassed about her awful behaviour.
Amelia didn't bother correcting the jock and telling them that she was not deaf but simply suffered from a severe hearing impairment.

"How can she play a piano if she can't hear it?" Amelia chuckled at the question.
"Brittany she has a hearing aid." The black girl, who's name Amelia didn't know, said matter of factly.

"So she can hear?" The stupid, blonde, stereotype of a cheerleader asked clearly still confused. "I'm not completely deaf, I have profound hearing loss. But I can't really hear anything unless I'm wearing my hearing aid, so yes, I can hear. Not as well as you can, but enough."