Supernatural - Evangeline. (Part 1)

Catherine's inn
(Present)

Evangeline.

Evan didn't know if it was because she saw Dean get ripped apart by hell-hounds right in front of her.
She didn't know if it was because she was the one who buried him, all by herself, in the middle of fucking nowhere. She didn't know if it was because of the four months she had spent alone, crying, sleeping and repeatedly trying to drown the pain in cheap alcohol.

All she did know was, that she was here at some crappy motel called Catherine's inn, and they stood outside her door, pleading her to open up; and she couldn't.

"Evan!" Those four months had been hell for her. She was alone, the only thing she'd ever really feared. "Evangeline, open the door! Now!"

"I swear I'll kick in the door!" She'd tried to call up Bobby, she'd tried to contact Sam, but nobody answered.

They'd all left her.

The sound of the door getting busted in and crashing on the floor made an uncomfortable resonance within Evan's aching head.
"Evan!"

"Hey.." She felt disgusted by herself, just sitting there, spinning in the black office chair, reeking of alcohol. 

"Did any of you two idiots even consider checking up on her?!"

They say that when a person dies, the first thing you forget is their voice. But his voice, Evan remembered. She would be able to recognise it anywhere. Deep, a bit rusty from all of the drinking.. "Dean?" Her eyes filled with tears as he pushed past Bobby and Sam and showed himself.

"It's me Ev, I swear I'm not a de-" She didn't let him finish that sentence. She didn't care, didn't care if this was a demon, if it was just some cruel joke. She just needed to feel him again, even if it would be the last thing she did.

"That's it? No holy water? You just believed me? I should've gone to you before those two sons of bitches.." He chuckled wrapping his arms around her in a comforting embrace.

Dean and Evan hadn't always been this close. She still clearly remembered the first time they met; her first job with them.

~

Stanford University
31 Oct. 2005

Evan had always despised Halloween. Maybe it was because she knew about the real monsters that resided in this world, or perhaps it was because her parents were very religious and believed it was a celebration of the darkness, witchcraft and the abominations that sought to destroy humanity. But this year was different.

"Ev!" Sam called from down the hall. Evan took another look in the mirror, satisfied, before she replied. "Yes?" Sam was one of Evan's best friends, he'd been that for a little over three years since Evan rented a room in his apartment at the start of his first year at Stanford. "Where are you?"

"Bedroom Sammy!"

"It's Sam." He mumbled irritated as he popped his head into the room. "Sure it is.. Why'd you call?"

"Jessica is forcing me to go to a costume-party at some bar, and if I have to suffer, so do- ... What's wrong with your eyes?" He interrupted himself. A smirk fell upon Evan's red lips and pure evil glinted in the coal black lenses in her eyes.
Jessica was Sam's girlfriend and Evan's second best friend.